SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Ratings and Reviews > Accessories for Your Segway

Notices

Accessories for Your Segway Rate and review various accessories available for your Segway.

New Segway Front Light On Ebay
New Segway Front Light On Ebay
Published by Rebooter
05-19-2009
Author rating
Work as described?
100%100%100%
Enhances Segway experience?
100%100%100%
Shipping and instructions
100%100%100%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Default New Segway Front Light On Ebay

As mentioned now that the mothership is removing their front light and it was too fussy what with having to strap it around the lean steer. With this it's incredibly bright and as it says, fits brilliantly (sorry about the pun) into the front of your Segway.
Also means that you can have more room on your handlebar and thus easier to lift up/down stairs etc. (I posted in general forum -then realised it should proberly be here!)
Cheers
BoB

link here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEGWAY-FRONT-M...3A1%7C294%3A50
Member rating
Work as described?N/A
Enhances Segway experience?N/A
Shipping and instructionsN/A
Recommend to a friend?N/A
0 users rated N/A% average

Review Tools

Latest 5 reviews
By Bob.Kerns on 05-20-2009, 04:13 AM

I like the mothership's light. I've not had any problem with how it velcros onto the LSF.

Yet I just ordered one of these lights. There are several advantages I'm interested in.

I expect to use this as an addition, not a replacement. This will be my third forward-facing light -- one on my LSF, one on my helmet. I expect the low angle of this one will allow me to not blind pedestrians while still seeing the roadway, and will better highlight things like tree roots and damaged pavement, especially in wet conditions.

Also, being able to replace batteries is a plus. I aborted a trip the other night because my mothership light signaled it was getting low. (That's a nice feature, BTW -- I made it back with plenty of illumination).

BTW, the seller updated his web site with a US shipping option, for 6 pounds sterling, after I inquired.
By Rebooter on 05-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Cool Seg Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
I like the mothership's light. I've not had any problem with how it velcros onto the LSF.

Yet I just ordered one of these lights. There are several advantages I'm interested in.

BTW, the seller updated his web site with a US shipping option, for 6 pounds sterling, after I inquired.
I'm sure other Seggers would like to hear your opinion once you receive it!
Bob
By segwaythedoor on 11-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Smile How does it work?

I am looking at getting several for my fleet. How does it work for you?
By Bob.Kerns on 11-20-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaythedoor View Post
I am looking at getting several for my fleet. How does it work for you?
It looks like it isn't available anymore? I know the supply was limited.

It works as advertised, though I don't think the total output equals the Segway light. (It's hard to tell with a different pattern -- it's a broader distribution).

I wouldn't use it (or any) light at the bottom of the Segway as my primary light. You need something more focused, brighter, and mounted higher, to go zipping around at 12.5 MPH in the dark. But anything that does that is going to insufficiently light the region closer in, which this does well. And low-angle illumination can improve contrast for bumps and obstructions. Having a wide-angle light makes it helpful for close-quarter maneuvering in the dark.
By segwaythedoor on 11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Default It is back?!

I just got an e-mail about it yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGWAY-FRONT-MAG...item3a54ed05ce
By Joushou on 11-20-2009, 10:50 AM

I'm not sure i understand where they go... Do they replace the whole thing, or do you pull the red emblem out of the silver plastic ring somehow, and mount it there?

I already fitted the ring with LED's, but they're not all that powerful (And i'm having trouble with the dealer of the 100W LED's i talked about some time ago), so any addition to that light would be nice... And i don't like the Segway light that much (Especially because of the battery... And the 5V smps i threw together isn't stable enough to pass it's "full battery check" (That flash it does at start), so it won't light up fully through my LiPoly packs...)...
By Bob.Kerns on 11-20-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joushou View Post
I'm not sure i understand where they go... Do they replace the whole thing, or do you pull the red emblem out of the silver plastic ring somehow, and mount it there?

I already fitted the ring with LED's, but they're not all that powerful (And i'm having trouble with the dealer of the 100W LED's i talked about some time ago), so any addition to that light would be nice... And i don't like the Segway light that much (Especially because of the battery... And the 5V smps i threw together isn't stable enough to pass it's "full battery check" (That flash it does at start), so it won't light up fully through my LiPoly packs...)...
You just pull out the the plastic trim piece, and pop it in. I suppose you might be able to separate out the red emblem (I think you'd have to cut) and stick the trim back in for a neater appearance. There is a bit of a gap -- I fill that with permeable irrigation hose, but the magnet doesn't work for me because of the plastic aligner that keeps it from getting back far enough to magnetically attach. I don't think it's really necessary to do more than pop out the trim piece, turn on the light, and pop it in. It's not like anyone will notice the absence of trim around a bright light at night!
By johnmcook on 12-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Default Light for bottom of LeanSteer

Does anyone know of a place to get a godd LED light that fits in the round portion of the LeanSteer frame? It seems like someone would make such a thing. Thanks. JMC
Comment