SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > In the News

Notices

In the News All of the latest Segway-related news.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:49 PM   #11
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
What are the bullies afraid of? Frank Tropea knew he had nothing to fear when he welcomed me here 12 years ago. What has changed?
Again, you guys are your worst enemies.

I long for the days of civil discourse. http://forums.segwaychat.org/archive...php/t-170.html
I would appreciate a helpful forum to help newbies and other Segway enthusiast.....

And your input the last 1 1/2 years Mr. Douchbag???? So civil is never adding anything just basically criticizing or, adding a smart *** remark?

I am worried about nothing and would love to set you straight eye to eye....But everyone knows trolls are spineless little people and you prove it over and over.....

You wanta dance my friend... common over Ill show you not only my background but some of the side effects of my disability....

My I suggest you get a life, and only add positive feed back to the Segway community....You know Like you used to due!.....Not be a TROLL!

I dare you .......
Old 02-11-2015, 04:32 AM   #12
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Come off it, you guys!
Pm each other if you must!

Better yet, if you can't say something nice, shut up! (Oops! I think my mother used to say that a bit more politely... Sorry about that.)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lily Kerns; 02-11-2015 at 04:41 AM..
Old 02-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #13
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
Come off it, you guys!
Pm each other if you must!

Better yet, if you can't say something nice, shut up! (Oops! I think my mother used to say that a bit more politely... Sorry about that.)
As usual, you are right. Many of us had older relatives that gave advice similar to the above, 'say something nice, or say nothing at all'.

I have a question for you.

The advice makes sense in the past, because people spoke to each other, so saying something would be heard. But, also, not saying something would also be 'heard', in that as we both know, silence at certain times can be deafening.

Now, in a time where there are more internet bullies than there ever were telephone tigers, and people often say things that are outrageous on line that I feel they would not say in person, we have to go beyond that good advice to deal with an internet forum.

If a person posts an untruth, and it gets corrected, then readers see the faulted statement, and the correction. If however, a person posts an untruth, and it goes unchallenged, then it sits forever, unchallenged, and in internet environment, that is a tacit approval or endorsement.

Any reader will see the discussion, and the untruth. They may not have the familiarity with the topic to know it is an untruth, so they will be poorly served. Any person of conscience who knows another has been misled and does not try to correct their path, would be uncomfortable.

I know I feel that way. An unchallenged falsehood on this forum leaves me uncomfortable.

If a person comes on here to ask how much pressure the manufacturer feels they should put in their segway tires, and someone answers that they should put 50 pounds of air in them (because they put 50 pounds in their bike tires) and it goes uncorrected, then new readers will be mis informed.

I believe in that case, most would publish the correction.

Most other cases are not so open and shut. Most are primarily a matter of fact with an overlay of opinion.

Now, I will be the first to say that civility should always be employed, and recognize that I have violated that rule as well. I do try to remember to be civil, but fall short some time.

So, while I recognize that civility should always be used, I have to ask, is it not a dis-service to allow untrue or inaccurate statements to go unchallenged on an internet forum?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:53 PM   #14
airdale

5 yr Member

I care less.....when a piece of crap post as a troll....I call it like it is....be it here... a store or anywhere else.....Im consistent!!!

Screw the political correctness....a troll is a troll....If you haven't added, or asked anything helpful.....may the full force of anger and rage be headed your way!...

And if you live next to me....well....good luck....you reap what you sow....and sometimes if you open your mouth you remove all doubt.....

I call it like it is......so lets play ball.....I could care less what anyone else thinks!!!!!

That's how I roll.....and always will..............
Old 02-12-2015, 08:46 PM   #15
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
As usual, you are right. Many of us had older relatives that gave advice similar to the above, 'say something nice, or say nothing at all'.

I have a question for you.

The advice makes sense in the past, because people spoke to each other, so saying something would be heard. But, also, not saying something would also be 'heard', in that as we both know, silence at certain times can be deafening.

Now, in a time where there are more internet bullies than there ever were telephone tigers, and people often say things that are outrageous on line that I feel they would not say in person, we have to go beyond that good advice to deal with an internet forum.

If a person posts an untruth, and it gets corrected, then readers see the faulted statement, and the correction. If however, a person posts an untruth, and it goes unchallenged, then it sits forever, unchallenged, and in internet environment, that is a tacit approval or endorsement.

Any reader will see the discussion, and the untruth. They may not have the familiarity with the topic to know it is an untruth, so they will be poorly served. Any person of conscience who knows another has been misled and does not try to correct their path, would be uncomfortable.

I know I feel that way. An unchallenged falsehood on this forum leaves me uncomfortable.

If a person comes on here to ask how much pressure the manufacturer feels they should put in their segway tires, and someone answers that they should put 50 pounds of air in them (because they put 50 pounds in their bike tires) and it goes uncorrected, then new readers will be mis informed.

I believe in that case, most would publish the correction.

Most other cases are not so open and shut. Most are primarily a matter of fact with an overlay of opinion.

Now, I will be the first to say that civility should always be employed, and recognize that I have violated that rule as well. I do try to remember to be civil, but fall short some time.

So, while I recognize that civility should always be used, I have to ask, is it not a dis-service to allow untrue or inaccurate statements to go unchallenged on an internet forum?
Your point is well taken, Karl.

Let me amend that statement, say it nicely or not at all. Yes, there is a need for definite positive corrections but there are poor and good ways of doing that.

Blunt name calling or labeling with intent to discredit, is bullying. We see entirely too much of this in this political controversial day. I can't agree because.... allows one to express an opinion, correct or disagree and still show respect for another's opinion, experience or judgement, no matter how mis guided you may consider them. These things do unfortunately tend to escalate as tempers get ruffled and feelings are discredited.

The word civility is a good one, but one I fear that has little meaning or understanding today,
especially in the heat of disagreement.

I probably should have kept my mouth shut here, but as you say, there is a time for speaking up. If I did not express myself in a way that made my my exasperation very clear, but still fulfills a peacemaker's role here, I apologize.

Last edited by Lily Kerns; 02-12-2015 at 09:02 PM..
Old 02-13-2015, 01:20 PM   #16
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
I care less.....when a piece of crap post as a troll....I call it like it is....be it here... a store or anywhere else.....Im consistent!!!

Screw the political correctness....a troll is a troll....If you haven't added, or asked anything helpful.....may the full force of anger and rage be headed your way!...

And if you live next to me....well....good luck....you reap what you sow....and sometimes if you open your mouth you remove all doubt.....

I call it like it is......so lets play ball.....I could care less what anyone else thinks!!!!!

That's how I roll.....and always will..............
*adds nothing to conversation*
*name calling*
*I'm airdale*

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Old 02-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #17
airdale

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
*adds nothing to conversation*
*name calling*
*I'm airdale*
And yours????? You and John are the same person!
Old 02-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #18
airdale

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Goats and Segways, at last!
What did this add? As usual a snarky remark...

And never even read the article......

This is a pure 100% TROLL !
Old 02-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #19
Lily Kerns

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

If I say please? Pretty please?
Old 02-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #20
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Airdale, if you can't see the humor in the bizarro headline "Segways approved for goat-themed attraction", take a pill.

And after 12 years in residence, there is nothing you or anyone else can say or do to make me go away. Learn to live with it. Or take another pill.

Sorry Lily.
RUSA #235
UMCA #