PDA

View Full Version : Two Segway i180s - neither charging

heathriel
04-21-2010, 03:34 PM
I have two i180s, and both have been in storage for a month, unplugged, which I've never let happen before.

I tried to power them up today, and on both of them I got:

F (green)
R (red)

On the charge lights.

I tried reseating the batteries on the first one, putting them in the same place, and was still:

F (green)
R (red)

So, I got creative, and decided to swap the two. I then had:

F (red)
R (green)

Thinking I was on to something, I figured I would swap one of the batteries on one machine with the alternate battery on the other, thus having a working Segway, right?

Oh - crap. In writing this out I just realized what I did.

I swapped:

F (green) with R (green)

and left

F (red) and R (red)

I'll go test the other combination and see what I get.

dgbint
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi

I have sent you a Private Message, about our Segway Battery Reviver.

Michael
Australia

heathriel
04-21-2010, 11:49 PM
I'll go test the other combination and see what I get.

Thank you Michael - I might be going down that road when next I'm in that area, or I may be selling both of these in the next few months (they're both working units, and fully parts-able.

In the meantime though, I'm still tinkering.

So, I went to them and was going to re-seat the batteries again, but the solid green light on one of them had started to flash. So I figured that I'd let it be, and wait to see if the other machine's green light would flash as well. About an hour later, the other started flashing.

I haven't tried anything with the infokey, either, I'm just going to let them sit overnight plugged in and see if anything else interesting happens before I do my F-F or R-R battery swap.

JIMBO
04-22-2010, 08:35 PM
I have two i180s, and both have been in storage for a month, unplugged, which I've never let happen before.

Assuming from the symptoms that you have Li-Ion batteries, you can get one of the units operating perfectly by using both of the "F" batteries. Give me a call or personal e-mail and we'll hook up and get your other one going. We're just up the coast.