PDA

View Full Version : New member from Spain

zeodare
03-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi,

I'm thinking about Segway like a alternative "vehicle" for going to my work (3 km) and off road weekend, and perhaps run with my dogs :) I'm litle bit lazy :D

My first choice was a Quad (Atv) but in my city had been forbidden, anyway I'm searching a different / special vehicle for transporting me and my girl.

Segway is a good option but thinking in a couple It's to expensive (12.000€ at least).

So.... do you know any other option like segway?? or Segway is THE OPTION

Thanks!

Just Seg-it
03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi every body I´m writing from Madrid, Spain. I´m the new kid in the block so to say. Right now I´m a non Segway owner I´ve had one though. If all goes well I will be opening a Segway tour Co. in Madrid soon. I´ve been nominated for a "best business proposal project" by BBVA (Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria) and i´m competing with votes from another projects involving the use of new technologies and innovation in business endeavours. I have also been accepted by the IMADE (a division of The Chamber of Commerse of Madrid) and Deloitte (internatinal business assessment company) as a very viable business plan. Right now I´m waiting for financing from private and public entities. It would be of great help if you can VOTE for my plan at:

http://www.bbvaopentalent.com/just-seg-it/
and press on VOTAR

There you can read the full description of the project translated to english (in the commentary section). I´m glad to be part of this comunity and look froward to make a lot of friends and have a long lasting relationship with every body. Thank you and god bless.

Just Seg-it
03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
You are probably best to do your traveling on a Segway. You can do a renting plan offered by "la Caixa" at a fairly good price which might interest you. I will probabaly be importing 10 Segway i2 for my business at a fairly good price (Segway has not given me the cuote on the price yet). If you want to order your Segways together with mine we can talk.
Regards, Jan.

Madsegs
03-29-2009, 10:21 AM
There are plenty of used segways in Madrid and Spain but the price is not always as low as you would like. The problem is that there is no good dealer in Madrid that can check, test or help with used segways. Test the full range on a segway battery before buying second hand as Spain has had hundreds of bad batteries and now the importer is jump starting old dead ones (warranty claims) which will be out there soon or already. They do not last long from my experience. Give me a call or drop an email if you need some help. I have always helped for free as the more segways in Madrid the better my bussiness and the more they are accepted.

Bob.Kerns
03-29-2009, 12:52 PM
I have always helped for free as the more segways in Madrid the better my bussiness and the more they are accepted.

A good attitude.

And the more acceptance of Segways, the better the odds of Segway, INC being able to survive these difficult times to continue to make Segways.

It's in ALL of our interests to go a bit out of our way to spread the message and to pave the way.

goma78
11-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Hi to everyone,

I think that can be a good idea to do a Spanish group in the forum, what do you think?

See you.

llidoner
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Oye pues si que estarái bien. Tengo mi segway desde hace 2 años, en valencia, y estarÃ*a bien darle vidilla...

saludos

[QUOTE = goma78; 201697] Hola a todos,

Creo que puede ser una buena idea hacer un grupo español en el foro, ¿qué te parece?

See you. [/ QUOTE]

Bob.Kerns
11-08-2009, 12:57 AM
For what it's worth, I personally don't mind if people post in Spanish here, either in separate threads, or in responses in threads. English is nice as a common language when it works for those involved, but if you're not comfortable posting in English, I'd hate for some English-only rule to discourage people from posting.

It happens I read Spanish reasonably well (though it would be rather difficult for me to write this in Spanish), but there have been a few posts in languages I don't speak. There's always online translation services, which can be helpful, although occasionally hilarious. Or ask for a translation.

Or originally post in both, which is what I do sometimes when I post in a foreign language, in case my meaning gets garbled.

The only downside I can see is that it can be harder for the moderators, should their services be required (spam, arguments, etc.)