PDA

View Full Version : New Kansas Glider

Toyhauler
02-15-2009, 06:09 PM
I purchased my first i167 off Ebay on January 9, 2009 and drove three hours to Des Moines to pick it up. It is in very good shape and I enjoyed it enough I wanted another. I purchased a second i167 off Ebay on January 29, 2009 and had it shipped here from Florida. I knew the one from Florida had bad batteries so I took that into consideration when I made my offer.

I was not quite at lucky with the second one. Not only were the batteries bad but when the handlebars were taken off they did not release the connector properly and pulled the connector apart on the CSB end. To further my streak of bad luck it is the older harder to find one with Hypertronic connectors. After much drilling and chiseling I did manage to get the CSB separated from the housing and attempted to repair the connector. Either my repair was not completely successful or I have another problem yet to find in one of the components above the platform. Yes I was able to narrow it down to above the platform by taking the Elcon CSB and handlebars off the working unit and installing them on the newest acquisition. It fires up with all three keys and behaves like the first one so that is some consolation. I was able to locate a source for the Hypertronic connector I needed so with their requirement of a $50 minimum order I should receive five new connectors either tomorrow or the next day. If the new connector does not cure the problem I will either part out what I have or seek an Elcon wiring harness for the handlebars and put in a new Elcon CSB. I do still need a usable pair of batteries so if anyone has upgraded to the Lithion ion batteries and are ready to part with their still usable NiMD set I'm interested.

I am anxious to have two working Segways before the middle of March because my wife and I are heading to Gatlinburg Tennessee to attend a large Santa Claus convention. They are expecting between 500 and 1000 participants and I have permission to ride them in the parade that is scheduled. This convention should generate pretty good national if not international news coverage so if they happen to broadcast any of the parade in your area watch for a couple of Segways with a Santa and Mrs Claus at the controls. I'm open to any ideas to decorate the Segways if you have some good ideas.

budsiskos
02-16-2009, 01:17 AM
hey, im from riverside mo, i was starting to think there werent any gliders around me.

for the parade, maybe you could dress the segways up as raindeer with antlers pulling a red waggon behind them full of toys.

Toyhauler
02-16-2009, 03:15 AM
After my friend rode my first one he started searching and ended up buying one off Craigslist in Plano, Texas. As luck would have it his brother lives in Plano so he was able to check it out for him. His should arrive in town this next Friday and I expect you'll see him on this board also. He lives in Shawnee about five miles from me so our ranks are growing.

Bob.Kerns
02-16-2009, 11:28 AM
My mom's getting hers this week, but she's a couple hundred miles from you guys. But she's getting it from the dealer in your neck of the woods.

Toyhauler
03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
We just got back from the Santa convention and did glide in the parade. This isn't the best shot but here is a link to video that was shot as we left the staging area. We show up about 6:05 into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqXbOQQYPQ8