PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Camarillo

Kirk
01-11-2009, 04:57 AM
I have to thank Gihgehls for not only my first ride on a Segway, but also my introduction to this forum.

My wife and I have an i2 we ordered after a tour of Santa Barbara this past summer. Supposedly, it was the first one in this neck of the woods to come in the pretty metallic green (sage?).

Everybody in the family has had a go at it, including my 87 year old mother-in-law! Looking forward to catching up on the different threads. TTFN.

Madsegs
01-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Excellent, hope you use it a lot and less fuel....

For the elderly it can be a lifeline in some cases. I run tours and last week had a handicaped eldery lady from Philadelphia. I closed the rest of the slots, dragged the segway accross town and had very fullfilling tour. Its days like this that makes it all worthwhile.
She could barely walk 100ft and we managed 2.5 hours of the Madrid city centre with a coffie break before calling it a day (+-5 miles). For me the most rewarding customers are over 70 and the biggest headaches are normally under 30, but they help pay the bills.

I use the older i167/i170/i180 segways.

Enjoy

Gihgehls
01-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey Kirk! Glad to see you found your way here. There's a lot of great info and very knowledgeable people here. One helpful function on the site is the "new posts" link at the top and center of every page. It will show you all the posts that are new since the last time you visited.

i2X2
07-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Hello Camarillo. Son and I just bought 2 segs (i2 and x2) and are seeking others with experience in Ventura County re: obtaining insurance (yeah - saw the other posts and are still educating our insurance), attitude of bus services in transporting segs (son disabled but mobile), 'green' events (like the company which wanted to just have a seg cruising around), Amtrak attitude (already got trashed by their amtrak via email who exclude segs from trains except as "..."cargo, and only at stations with a forklift due to the excessive weight - which eliminates all of Ventura stations....) and preferably some shared fun activities.

energetic
07-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Welcome and enjoy gliding. :)

Pkelley
07-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Just a Gliding through life taking the seenic road. Welcome