PDA

View Full Version : New (used) Segway Owner in Arizona

Racetimer
12-23-2008, 11:21 PM
A friend of mine bought a couple of Segways when they just came out and experienced the personal interviews, written essays, and background checks that came with being accepted as one of the first owners.

He was kind enough to allow me to use his around his store and I always hoped to get one of my own.

Fast forward to today -

My business is to "chip" time sports events (runs, cycling, multi-sports, etc) and at a number of the events there is sometimes up to a half a mile from timing location to timing location. The timing information collected at each of the locations (start line/finish line & intermediate lines) need to be personally downloaded and collected in a very timely manner repeatedly throughout the event. I have been "bionic" for over 10 years after a bicycle vs car (I had the bike and lost) accident 19 year ago and it has been getting progressively harder to do my job.

I decided that getting the Segway might be really helpful in my getting around and hopefully extend the remaining years left on my titanium hip. I just today purchased a I-67 in "hopefully" great condition.

I hope to meet some of you in the future and am going to reacquaint myself with not only the "technical" aspects of owning the Segway (starting with a lot of reading the previous posts in the Forum) but also the fun of using it.

wwhopper
12-24-2008, 08:22 AM
You will really enjoy using the Segway and find new and exciting ways to do it.

Think about adding a sign board or wheel covers to your machine so you can rent out some advertising space. You will be pretty visable as you glide around your events, so don't waste the chance to market something and bring in a little extra dough. That way you will be able to put money away for a couple of new i2s.

Also visit with the dealer in Scottsdale, Brian and Darcie are both great Segway enthusiasts and know the Segway and marketing business well.

Stanrss
12-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Phoenix is a great place to to glide. I spent 3 months there last year. I'm going to be there next week for another couple months. Maybe we can get some of the other seggers together for a group glide. I'm bringing some segpolo gear to see if we can get a game together if anyone is interested?

LibertySegway
12-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Stan you are a great Segway Polo ambassador. Always spreading the joy to potential new players. Its a great game. I wish you well in your endeavor. :D

IRASegyRider2
12-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Congrats!

I wish you well and hope you also find time to just glide for the fun of it. If so, there are a few of us who glide together once a month or so. We usually meet somewhere in Glendale, but sometimes in Scottsdale for a glide in the beautiful parks. StanRSS went with us on one of those glides. :)