PDA

View Full Version : I Got My Segway Yesterday!

CGlaude
10-04-2008, 10:52 AM
i have been a member of this forum for a while now and yesterday at 3:30pm i got my segway and i alrdy have 7-8 miles on it! i just took a 4-5 hour ride around my block from 7am to 11am and couldnt have been happier , it is an x2 with not many things on it. i got 2 side bags, comfort mats, flashlight, kickstand, lock kit, and ramps. Everywhere i went cars would stop and stare and people on the side of the rode walking would just watch me fly by them, even though im on turtle mode still :D

i plan on moving up somtime tonight.

SEGWAYS ARE THE BOMB!

I cant wait to bring it to school and show it off :cool:

gbrandwood
10-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Ah - that new owner feeling! Welcome to the world of gliding on two wheels. There's nothing quite like it. Enjoy your new ride.

KSagal
10-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the glide... Have fun...

wizard
10-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Enjoy your ride glide glide glide Have fun

C3RS
10-04-2008, 01:07 PM
it is an x2 with not many things on it. i got 2 side bags, comfort mats, flashlight, kickstand, lock kit, and ramps.
:D you sure ? (on my i2, i have...a leansteer and nothing else ! :p )

even though im on turtle mode still
:) good ! practice, practice...

LibertySegway
10-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Pure Joy! Nothing else like it anywhere. :)

Go GoldRush!!!

gizmodepot
10-04-2008, 02:04 PM
CGclaude

Check the air pressure in your tires. Both my segs were at zero out of the box.

To prevent a kickstand collapse, Lock the wheels by setting the alarm system. This prevents rolling, which is the cause of kickstand failure. I bent or broke two kickstands before I figured this out.

Don't be in a rush to "jump to light speed". It's a totally different machine!

Happy Gliding and be prepared to answer the same questions over and over again.

I carry 20-30 handout flyers to answer inquires

krauzac
10-04-2008, 09:33 PM
"I carry 20-30 handout flyers to answer inquires"

What's one of these flyers say?
Any chance I can have a copy?

gizmodepot
10-04-2008, 10:58 PM
See in my photo album

CGlaude
10-05-2008, 05:07 PM
i got off turtle mode and i cant believe i was riding that machine before, its insane.

anyway i've only had it for 2 days and ive been answering like 3 people everytime i go out. which i dont mind, but im sure it will get anoyying.

for halloween im going to go as a ghost on the segway so it looks like im flying, i got that idea from this forum so... anyway its a great idea and ill take pics and videos to show.

DaveA
10-05-2008, 10:20 PM
ive been answering like 3 people everytime i go out. which i dont mind, but im sure it will get anoyying.
You'll probably develop a spiel after awhile. People who ride with me on any kind of a regular basis smile and nod when I'm doing the spiel for newcomers -- they've heard all my lines before.

- "It takes two minutes to learn to ride it, then two months to re-learn your high school physics."

- "They're WAY proud. Five grand. When the patents expire Sony or Toshiba is going to eat their liver."

- "The tires are silicone, not rubber. That's to keep you from making black marks on Mama's linoleum."

- "It's a fair weather machine fer sure. I've gotten caught in the rain a couple of times, and it handles the water better than I do. But I usually just wait it out. It's Florida! The weather changes every 20 minutes."

- "I'm always cautious about running out of power. I could push it home all right, but I don't think I could handle the embarrassment of being seen pushing it."

- "About 20 miles, a kilowatt-hour's worth. What, about 13 cents? The operating costs are nothing."

- "Oh yes, I've fallen, several times... hard. Doing dumbass stuff, mostly."

- "If you're going thataway at 12.5 miles per hour and you tell it to turn left, it'll turn left. But you won't. One word: inertia."

- "I'm a pedestrian!"

- "It's got two computers and five accelerometers and other stuff in the base, and is smarter than I am."

- To a bicyclist: "You're smarter than I am. You're wearing a helmet."

- "If one wheel stops and the other one doesn't, you're goin' down. If the wheels spin, you're goin' down. Traction is the only thing that keeps you upright."

- "Sell them? Nope. I heard that's a good way to make a small fortune. But first you have to start out with a big one."

Mr_Laurenzano
10-14-2008, 09:10 PM
CGclaude

Check the air pressure in your tires. Both my segs were at zero out of the box.

To prevent a kickstand collapse, Lock the wheels by setting the alarm system. This prevents rolling, which is the cause of kickstand failure. I bent or broke two kickstands before I figured this out.

Don't be in a rush to "jump to light speed". It's a totally different machine!

Happy Gliding and be prepared to answer the same questions over and over again.

I carry 20-30 handout flyers to answer inquires

PSI say Hi... SAY HI...
~hi.
Crash