PDA

View Full Version : Dead Batteries

ALPACA07
08-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Can dead LI batteries be brought back to life? My 2 batteries died before
I had my XT for a year, 11 months, actually! When I attempted to contact the dealer- he no longer existed! I called the BIG GUYS in New Hampshire; but they said I would have to go through my dealer- I would if I could, but I can't. So now it has been over a year; the BIG GUYS in New Hampshire said the batteries WOULD have been covered-within the one year warrantee period. At this point I have a $5000.00 paperweight!! New Batteries cost $850.00 each- I will need two, (obviously)! Can my dormant batteries be rebuilt, or jump-started, or brought back to life? I'm, (almost), deparate!!! I was hoping the BIG GUYS in New Hampshire would have been a little more, (ok, A LOT), more understanding, but alas-woe is me. Can someone- anyone help me? I will be waiting to hear from you. Meanwhile, I am going to try to talk to the Biggest Man himself...I KNOW he would want his Segway up and running again...
In Peace, Sheri

bentbiker
08-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Can dead LI batteries be brought back to life? My 2 batteries died before
I had my XT for a year, 11 months, actually! When I attempted to contact the dealer- he no longer existed! I called the BIG GUYS in New Hampshire; but they said I would have to go through my dealer- I would if I could, but I can't. So now it has been over a year; the BIG GUYS in New Hampshire said the batteries WOULD have been covered-within the one year warrantee period. At this point I have a $5000.00 paperweight!! New Batteries cost $850.00 each- I will need two, (obviously)! Can my dormant batteries be rebuilt, or jump-started, or brought back to life? I'm, (almost), deparate!!! I was hoping the BIG GUYS in New Hampshire would have been a little more, (ok, A LOT), more understanding, but alas-woe is me. Can someone- anyone help me? I will be waiting to hear from you. Meanwhile, I am going to try to talk to the Biggest Man himself...I KNOW he would want his Segway up and running again...
In Peace, Sheri
As for reviving your original batteries, what was the nature of their failure? If they refused to take a charge after not having been kept plugged in, then yes, there is a good chance they can be revived. Two people on here can help you, but since MTO Battery no longer deals with individuals directly, I'd suggest you contact DrMarty; I think he charges $125 each, but only if he revives them. But that is only if their mode of failure was as I described.

Now, Sheri, help me understand why your introductory post said the entire neighborhood enjoys your Segway, and now your second post says it has been a paperweight for a year. And for heaven's sake, with so many dealers in your area, why did you not find a dealer to take care of the issue within the warranty period?

jcargal
08-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I have a dead rear battery (no surprise). It was well maintained before I got it, I'm sure Dr. Marty can bring it back to life if I can get ahold of him after Indy. It's only been unable to take a charge after a week, I hope it will be one of the 25 percenters that will lead a long useful life after he gets the cells excited again.

SegwayBill
10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
MY lion's died suddenly, recently found Ebattery at batteryrefill.com contacted Andy 909-268-8741.
For $500.00 they repaired my broken batteries replacing the bad cells a complete refill is $1000 if contact them please mention my referal.
I will post a thread after I send more time with my repaied batteries.

MTOBATTERY
10-10-2008, 01:01 PM
How did you get the batteries to them?

Tom Martin
06-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Who is Dr. Marty and how do I contact him?
Tom

bentbiker
06-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Who is Dr. Marty and how do I contact him?
Tom

Info provided in your other thread.