PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Jefferson, Oregon

OregonForester
07-17-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm not at all certain that I will fit in here, but I have been lurking for a few days, and have most certainly learned (and enjoyed), most posts.

I've had an X2 for 3 weeks now, and have managed to ride for 100 miles ("bugs on the teeth" happiness, here!)...and my bride of 39 years is expecting her's today!

I live in Oregon, and truth be known, I have never "hugged" a tree in my life (although I have felled lots of them!)

We live in a rural part of the county, and have lots of paved roads that are infrequently traveled to ride on.....oh....and I do not "Glide", I "Seg"...another strike against me, I am sure.

I've three grandkids that love to "Seg", although I seldom let them out of sight on my X2.

I will do my best not to poke anyone in the eye, and probably will continue to just lurk, but I thought it best to at least declare myself.

wwhopper
07-17-2008, 07:45 PM
You don't have to be a Tree Hugger to love the Segway!

Post and chime in when you want.

BarryT
07-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Glide, ride, slide, seg, stand on...............hey, as long as you're havin' fun you'll fit in just fine. Welcome aboard!!! I'm not a real tree hugger, but I have kissed a few when I wasn't exactly looking where I was going, that being walking, biking or on my seg. Ya know I really gotta name mine one of these days. Welcome to the show.

pam
07-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Welcome, Oregon Forester.
We're not called Seggers for nothing <G>. I know you and your bride will have a great time! There are other Oregon members, and some events up that way you might want to consider next year.... If not in Oregon, then a bit further north in Washington.

Take care,