PDA

View Full Version : segway wheelchair

darrashty
06-09-2008, 01:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone know more about segway wheelchair or kits to covert a 1st gen to a wheelchair. I seen the movie clips on line and emailed the designer, but no reply. Anyone has expremented with other stuff than the seg-chair? I have a disabled person and a e167 that I like to unite. Thanx.;)

drmarty
06-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Sure,

There is a fellow who makes the SegSeat. Awesome device for Gen I machines. It uses a unicycle seat and a very well made frame. You pull up the seat and cansit and glide. you slide fore and aft to go or stop. It is exceptionally well made. It is available from dealers. Some used ones are available. And I think the manufacturer is selling some on Ebay if you watch for about $450.

I think you are in San Diego, no? Surely someone nearby has one you can try or see. I do but none mounted right now. I wouldn't mind mounting it but I'm in the process of moving so stuff is out of reach for a short while.

Marty

fathertime
06-10-2008, 06:49 AM
We have the Seg Seat in stock. Please call Michael our store manager for details!:):D:):D:):D

darrashty
06-11-2008, 12:04 PM
I do have the seg seat, but I was hoping to built one as the the movie clip. It seems much more compact and yet sturdy. Also it seems that somehow it has a collapsable handel.