PDA

View Full Version : New Oregon owner

KenC
05-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi there! I'm a new Segway owner from Oregon and I have a porsthetic leg. Looking forward to zooming around on my new machine. I have a VERY basic question. When I try to go up modest inclines my machine tends to stop and I roll backwards. Any tips? Thank you.

wwhopper
05-19-2008, 05:26 PM
You have to move your weight even more forward going up a hill, or you do get what you experience.

Which machine do you have?

What ever one is, you will enjoy it!

bmaphies
05-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Greetings from Cottage Grove!

Go Ducks!

-Bob

dgbint
05-19-2008, 06:02 PM
The key is to re-position yourself, experiment by shuffling a few inches further forward ( or backwards ) on the platform.

My experiences from training are:

If you are too far back on the platform, new user have trouble accelerating and going up inclines.

If you are too far forward on the platform, you have trouble braking smoothly.

Experiment a bit, just an inch or two will make the difference between effortless control, and an uncomfortable feeling.

Good Luck
Michael

Suzined
06-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Welcome, KenC, to the listserv. Hope you can join us on June 21st for the glide along the Discovery Trial. Check out the Events Forum under the Beach-to-Chowder thread.

Suzined
06-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Welcome, KenC, to the listserv. Hope you can join us on June 21st for the glide along the Discovery Trial. Check out the Events Forum under the Beach-to-Chowder thread.

sfrantz
06-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Welcome!!
There are about 16 of us Seggers who will be in the Rose Parade this coming Sunday morning. :) We will be practicing on Thursday if you can make it up here!!

Any other Oregon Seggers are also invited.

Stephen Frantz
SE Portland. OR