SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 12:56 AM   #71
IPC_ALiNN
IPC_ALiNN is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

New member...Long time Glider...

I am a Segway Operations Instructor in the Security Profession...

A very useful tool! I have been a long time reader of the forum, just finally decided to register.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #72
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default Join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPC_ALiNN
New member...Long time Glider...

I am a Segway Operations Instructor in the Security Profession...

A very useful tool! I have been a long time reader of the forum, just finally decided to register.
I noticed you're in the LA area and might be able to join us for polo this weekend. Check out http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13503 and why not come out to watch (and maybe even play). You'll see alot of new ways that segways can be used!
Old 09-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #73
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Tresa called at 11:30 today. Said there was a white machine in boxes, waiting for me...

Getting lunch first, friend is coming down with their Jeep Liberty, gonna put it together after pickup.

I'll let everyone know how it goes...

SEGsby
Old 09-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #74
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default Segway polo on Sunday afternoon

Even if you don't end up playing polo on your i2 (since you are learning to ride it), I strongly suggest coming by. One of the other polo players has an i2 and can give you some assistance!

Times, location and directions are towards the end of http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13503

ps - We do alot of other things besides polo. I intend to come early. The "stupid segway tricks" alone make it worth the trip! Also alot of the people bring "show and tell" items that are really intriguing. It's like a mini-segfest!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:03 PM   #75
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I have a ton of changes to make on this character model, so tomorrow isn't possible for me to participate; but next weekend should be open!

I got to see a lot of the local Seggerz today while I was on the phone with the Credit Card people. Grrr. Calling ahead and telling them I was going to spend such and such at noon, still didn't make the transaction any more pleasant.

Anyways, people were pointing at a white model against the wall and I heard the name "SEGsby" mentioned... I didn't say anything since I wasn't in the best mood after playing 20 questions with the bank.

I got the model that was in the window all put together, so I got to ride her for about 12 miles. Can't wait for the commuter pads.

SEGsby
Old 10-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #76
SeginPVAZ
SeginPVAZ is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hi, this is SeginPVAZ here, and I just registered with Segwaychat.com a few minutes ago. I live in Prescott Valley, Arizona. It's October 2nd, about 2pm (we go with Mountain Standard time here). I bought my yellow i-180 from Segway of Phoenix so I didn't get it from Amazon.com. I go riding almost all the time, mainly for fun. So far the best places around here are the bike paths and public parks. At first I was Segging around the neighborhood streets mostly; that's fun too.

The model I bought was the i-180 but soon thereafter I realized that I wished I had bought the XT. The dealership told me they could fit my i-180 with a conversion package to make it into an XT, so that's what we did. Now, instead of a yellow i-180, I ride a black/silver XT!

Going to the dealership next week for the software upgrade. I hate going to Phoenix, but I understand the upgrade is pretty important.

Thanks for reading,
...Doug
Old 10-05-2006, 04:15 AM   #77
drmarty
drmarty has a spectacular aura aboutdrmarty has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member
Default as new as they get

Hi

DrMarty here. I live in Anaheim. I bought a shiny used red i180. Bought it in Sept. Now I'm ready to sell it and get a Jet Black i2!!!

Hmmm... I use it --- for anything I can. Just fun for now. Cruising the ville. Going to Downtown Disney (shhh don't tell) and the Block and well where ever.

See you all at SegFest.

Marty

Dealers - be sure and bring me an i2. I got the itch.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:04 AM   #78
cruiter
cruiter is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New i2 and 1st time glider

The long wait was worth while ( yet un-named), arrived at Segway of Alpharetta yesterday. I wanted to assemble it with Scott so I'd be familiar with all of it's parts and brought it home. As the weather was really bad yesterday and last night, the youngster got a full 12+ hour charge while I watched the video, blinking battery lights and read the books. I registered it on-line a few minutes ago.

Folks that know me asked Why? Why so much money? What do you need it for? My answers varied; I wanted it, I need it for R & R, it didn't cost the tens of thousands a ski boat does and 0 maintenance and I don't need anyone to pull me , and my koolest answer, I wanted something you didn't have . Obviously, mine is being used for recreational purposes.

I live in a large swim/tennis sub-division and I bought a Darth Vader costume the other day to chase the kids around on Halloween night, should be a blast. I'm 62 and haven't grown up yet. God willing, I may not for a few more years.

I love this forum, lot's of good info and lot's of great folk.

Jim

" We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)
Old 10-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #79
drmarty
drmarty has a spectacular aura aboutdrmarty has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member
Default New Owner AGAIN

Ok. I signed up as a new owner on 10/05. Boy was I happy with my shiny red i180.

Guess what? I am a new owner again! I bought a Black i2 on Friday night at SegFest. I said I was going to do it.

Wow. Life starts anew. It is the best. We went like 15 miles on Sunday. My infokey says I have now logged 53 miles.

PS there is a shiny red i180 now for sale.

Marty

Segfest was great. Thanks Fred et al.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #80
I2Larry
I2Larry is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New I2 Owner - first time

We (actually my wife) became the new owner of a black I2 last weekend. She will use it to commute daily to and from the school she works at. There doesn't seem to be any animosity toward Segways at the school or in the neighborhood. She spoke to the Principal before buying it and was told that she had full rein to use it and that she was expected to bring it indoors when not using it. She is a volunteer that runs errands for the teachers on a large elementary campus, so this should be interesting.

We'll keep you posted.

Larry
Closed Thread