SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 04-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #41
hperla
hperla

5 yr Member
Thumbs up

I'm Henry from Orlando, Florida.

I've had my i80 since December '05. I ride it back and forth to the office almost everyday (unless it is raining). I leave my car at the office in case I have to go somewhere out of Segway range.

I'm lucky, I live in downtown, so my commute to work is only about 6 blocks, so the Segway is perfect.

I'm trying to find some other Segway riders to start a Saturday morning "Glide Club"!!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #42
inewman
inewman is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

I'm Ira Newman from Van Nuys, Ca. Just got a used I167. I've been renting until today. Really looking forward to gliding on my own machine

Ira
Old 04-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #43
gneedel
gneedel is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hi all, I am Greg. I have been actively interested in the segway for a long time being a FIRST mentor, and now that I work for DEKA I finally got one a few months ago and have been enjoying my daily commute very much.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:54 PM   #44
retsailor
retsailor is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking Oh Boy!

I'm a new member of Segway Chat from Jacksonville Beach, Florida. My Segway HT i180 Police was delivered in February. The Beach is a Segway friendly town and the weather allows lots of opportunity for gliding. I think Dean Kaman must have made buttered bread feel bad cause the Segway is clearly better!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #45
Timezkware Tim
Timezkware Tim will become famous soon enoughTimezkware Tim will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Talking Timezkware Tim / Santa Monica, CA

Hi everybody, This is my first post!

I recently bought an HT i170 to commute 2¼ miles down the beach to work. It's perfect. I still love my car for certain trips, but all my commutes are now on the bikepath in just minutes, instead of sitting in bumper-to-bumper beach traffic. It's great.

Tim

Last edited by Timezkware Tim; 05-02-2006 at 06:24 PM..
Old 05-13-2006, 03:56 AM   #46
hmintz
hmintz is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New owner (of 2 used Segs)

Hi -

I'm Harvey Mintz, and I bought a well used (but well cared for) i167 on ebay a couple of months ago. I bought it primarily so I can zoom around at antique shows without wearing out my feet , but my wife got on it last weekend, and now we also have an i170 for her to glide around on . We just got the i170 (slightly used) this past Sunday, and today (this being the middle of the night) we'll get them both upgraded at Jared's new place in Columbus (and stay around for the rest of the festivities).

Jared's Columbus shop is actually jsut a few blocks up the street from where we both work in Columbus. I'd be tempted to ride in on the Seg, but it's about 35 miles to my house, so I'm still stuck driving (rats!).
Old 05-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #47
flyoguy
flyoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default New Owner

Hi,

My name is Greg. I live in South Orange County, CA.

I've owned a new red I180 for about a month now. Besides for the fun of it, I commute about 15 miles each way to work. I do this once or twice a week. I'm seriously considering a Segseat.

I'm having a ball and my wife is getting more interested with each ride she takes. There may be another Seg in the family soon.....
Old 05-14-2006, 07:36 PM   #48
mreisner
mreisner is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee
Default Another happy owner!

My name is Maria and I've had my 180 for two days. I got a wonderful deal on a very gently used one from Brian at Segway of Cleveland, who dropped it off at my house in Michigan. I live too far from work to use it for commuting (32 miles), but I'm looking forward to parking the car on Friday and using the Segway all weekend!

There we were gathered all in one place,
the generation lost in space.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:03 AM   #49
Stusegway
Stusegway is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Post New i180 SY

Hi, my name is Stuart, and I am from Birmingham Alabama. I recieved a new Segway i180 for Christmas from my Dad. It was won in a raffle, and the guy didn't want it (who wouldn't want a Segway) so he sold it to us. I use it to explore my neighborhood, and just ride for fun! I am trying to start a SEG Birmingham somtime this year as well.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #50
orgophile
orgophile is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default Not so new Segway owner

I never got around to posting as a new owner so here goes: I am the very happy and satisfied owner of a "new" i170 (as of April 2005). It is by far the best "big ticket" item I have ever purchased.

Roger
Closed Thread