SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #21
lilnyc
lilnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
Lil, bummer you ditched the EX3, I'm sure Jason at MTO could build you a suitable replacement set of batteries. The xootr is most definitely a neat bit of kit the idea that they've evolved the simple kick scooter to a legitimate form of transportation is awesome, if nothing else from an engineering standpoint. The spyder is awesome as well, I aspire to own one at some point, to cure my motorcycle itch. P.S. Dan, as an incurable gear head I must correct you, CVT stands for continuously variable transmission.
-segsurfer
Hi Segsurfer - I still have the Xootr EX3. How can I contact Jason at MTO? I'd love to get it up and running again!
lilnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #22
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnyc View Post
Hi Segsurfer - I still have the Xootr EX3. How can I contact Jason at MTO? I'd love to get it up and running again!
His user name here on the forum is MTOBATTERY, and I'm sure he can be reached via PM; however, you can also contact him via email at: (I added the hyphens to reduce the possibility of spam, the actual address lacks the hyphens) s-a-l-e-s@mtobattery.com We've worked with him numerous times, and I have nothing but good things to say about his his workmanship or customer service. Given that the EX3 uses 2001-2002 era cells IIRC, I would be willing to bet the rebuilt packs might even boost your range over the originals. Jason's website is www.mtobattery.com
hope this helps,
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #23
lilnyc

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
His user name here on the forum is MTOBATTERY, and I'm sure he can be reached via PM; however, you can also contact him via email at: (I added the hyphens to reduce the possibility of spam, the actual address lacks the hyphens) s-a-l-e-s@mtobattery.com We've worked with him numerous times, and I have nothing but good things to say about his his workmanship or customer service. Given that the EX3 uses 2001-2002 era cells IIRC, I would be willing to bet the rebuilt packs might even boost your range over the originals. Jason's website is www.mtobattery.com
hope this helps,
-segsurfer
Perfect, thank you!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #24
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Jason has earned the respect and endorsement from many of us on this forum. He is and does quality work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #25
dynk
dynk is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I took cam movies on my segway last year at the Folk Festival. It came out real bumpy
dynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:35 AM   #26
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynk View Post
I took cam movies on my segway last year at the Folk Festival. It came out real bumpy
I had the same problem with videos I have taken last year at MAMS, almost everything was unusable

I need to find a cheap way, to get some decent video recordings while I'm gliding. If anybody has ideas, please post them here.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:37 AM   #27
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by florin View Post
I had the same problem with videos I have taken last year at MAMS, almost everything was unusable

I need to find a cheap way, to get some decent video recordings while I'm gliding. If anybody has ideas, please post them here.

Quote:

$14 Steadycam
"The Poor Man's Steadicam" (sic)

Unfortunately, professional steadycams cost around $1500. Even the cheap 3rd party ones cost $600+. Not exactly a bargain considering many of us use cameras in that price range. So, I decided to make my own version. It turns out, it only costs $14. Not too bad. And I'll show you how to build your own right here...
http://steadycam.org/

I saw this a few years ago, but it looked interesting...

If you try this -- let us know how it goes...

Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:52 AM   #28
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Flags View Post
http://steadycam.org/

I saw this a few years ago, but it looked interesting...

If you try this -- let us know how it goes...

I have seen this website too, I will need to think about this solution. As it looks like it, you will be needing both hands to get a stable image, not really handy while gliding. Secondly it's quiet big to take with you in a backpack.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 AM   #29
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by florin View Post
I have seen this website too, I will need to think about this solution. As it looks like it, you will be needing both hands to get a stable image, not really handy while gliding. Secondly it's quiet big to take with you in a backpack.
I think if you shortened the three legs to about 6", and reduced the weight to about the same as your camera, it might be okay. Remember, this site has been around for a while, and videocameras have lost a lot of weight since then. I would think having the middle leg point rearwards instead of sideways as suggested would allow holding it in one hand with the middle leg resting on the web of your thumb. Just a thought -- might be worth trying it with a 1/2" dowel rod for a cheap mockup to see the results (in a controlled environment).

Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #30
lilnyc

5 yr Member

I took the Segway out to Battery Park (that's downtown Manhattan near the Statue of Liberty). This time I had a lot more space...and it was a BLAST!!

I put the camera strap around my neck. Because the Segway is self-balancing, it was super easy to operate. I did a lot of full turns (woo-hoooo) and even chased squirrels while squatting low on the Segway. I never knew this thing was so FUN!

I'll share the video eventually. The footage is shaky, just as before, because it's still hand held, unstabilized. I think I have this stabilizer, and may use it next time:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...lder_Rest.html

Tags
segway i2, sony ex1, steadicam