SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #11
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by quade View Post
This I would like to see! But as we say in my business, "video or it never happened!"

Show me the video!
I know of eyewitness reports of him jumping picnic tables, riding sideways on a curb, Sitting on the wheel (sideways) and spinning, and i know of a photograph of a person who stood on a segseat and glided... (but I think alcohol was involved in that one)

My biggest 'seg stunt' is gliding thru the streets of NYC

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Maybe I was reading into the title too much... "Dangerous" in my understanding is a negative in this context. Some of the comments were not complementary...

This thread is not bad, but that other one had lots of people complaining. I thought this might be heading in that direction, if not, I am glad...

I also, rightfully, am reminded that not everyone is complaining. That is true...

As for Derrek, his videos are on the net in several places. Not having seen them, since he has been doing it for years, and many people have seen the videos and have had the pleasure of seeing him do some of them in person over the years, among other places, at several segfests, does not make them fiction.

Still, the story is only as credible as the storyteller, unless there is some other evidence. Jon has plenty of credibility anyway, even if all those videos were not out there, and they are...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #13
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
...i know of a photograph of a person who stood on a segseat and glided... (but I think alcohol was involved in that one)
I think I was there for that one!

-Sal
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #14
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
Now I really can't wait to get my snow tires...
I watched those snow tires in action for the first time in a polo match. Absolutely incredible. They grip the grass like it was pavement. The amazing part is how they finally break the grip on a hard hard turn. They let loose for a tiny bit and then just grab again.

It was a little bit like watching ABS kicking in! But instead of pulsing brakes, it was pulsing the traction in an extreme turn.

By the way, there was a couple other possible benefit to these tires. Like all knobbies, they grip the grass better. So when you're climbing the acceleration curve you get up it faster. You'll still top out at 12.5 MPH, but if you're a light guy, then that means you've reached 12.5 MPH earlier!

Finally the best thing about these tires is that they fit under i2 fenders. That means no one can complain about the size of the tire. I'm not sure if in tournament play, they're going to make us go "stock 14.2". We'll see.

ps - The watering schedule for the field was changes. So we weren't slogging around in puddles this time! I may even switch back to my slicks now that there's no safety issues with the wet grass.
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:16 PM   #15
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

I missed the reference to snow tires. Please explain...

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #16
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I missed the reference to snow tires. Please explain...
a clue?. . .
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:32 PM   #17
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander View Post
a clue?. . .

That linked me to Polo's post about battery management. And it's reference to a long distance glide in the desert. I still don't get the snow tire thing... I guess I am dense, because I didn't get it, and I didn't get it's clue either...LOL

Old 08-21-2007, 10:06 PM   #18
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
That linked me to Polo's post about battery management. And it's reference to a long distance glide in the desert. I still don't get the snow tire thing... I guess I am dense, because I didn't get it, and I didn't get it's clue either...LOL
I did't say it was an obvious clue!

The first line of that post is about rims. It would appear that someone had picked up some spare rims from the place in SF that had a lot of spare rims so someone else could order new tires and put them on said rims.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:52 PM   #19
KSagal

But what tires?!?

I got that the tires are probably on rims. That much I could figure out.

I was curious. Now I am just tired...

Old 08-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #20
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

I was responding to hellphish's comment about getting snow tires. I think he wants to do some trick gliding, and those IRC sn23 tires will help him. Check out the YouTube clip in http://forums.segwaychat.com/showpos...6&postcount=94 if you'd like to see how their gripping power lets you do incredible things!
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote