SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 10-04-2002, 09:35 PM   #1
Blinky
Blinky

5 yr Member
Default Segway tools...

What do you think Segway HT will do in terms of what type of screw heads they will use?
Do you think the Segway HT will have a warranty sticker on its side to prohibit an owner from opening it up by themselves voiding its warranty?

I don't want to be stuck in a scenario where I have to bring in my HT one day and be forced to pay (ex. $100) for some money grubbing mechanic at the local SEGWAY HT AUTO-SHOP for him to change a battery wire.

I just think the worst sometimes. But, for the sake of argument what do you guys think?
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 11:30 PM   #2
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Blinky

What do you think Segway HT will do in terms of what type of screw heads they will use?
Do you think the Segway HT will have a warranty sticker on its side to prohibit an owner from opening it up by themselves voiding its warranty?

I don't want to be stuck in a scenario where I have to bring in my HT one day and be forced to pay (ex. $100) for some money grubbing mechanic at the local SEGWAY HT AUTO-SHOP for him to change a battery wire.

I just think the worst sometimes. But, for the sake of argument what do you guys think?
You'll need a small (what size?) metric allen wrench to change the batteries.

http://www.theunionleader.com/Articl...2582&archive=1
Quote:
quote:
Add to the list of fanny pack items for the shrewd Segway rider a pair of fully-charged battery packs and one small allen wrench, metric.
JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 11:47 PM   #3
Blinky
Blinky

5 yr Member

hehe, good find. One question though, will the final product be the same? Who is to say that other things like that screw won't be different.

I really should have used a better example for what I was trying to say. The point I was trying to make is will the machine be totally accessible for doing personal maintenance/repair.

I don't want to resort to opening up a HT with a butter knife.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:59 AM   #4
CephasH
CephasH

5 yr Member

Blinky,
How may angels can dance on the head of a pin?
CephasH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 01:16 AM   #5
Blinky
Blinky

5 yr Member

Depending on how you define "angel", there are some theories that suggest that more than one angel can exist on a singular point. And it is unclear what that theoretical number may be. So the answer is probably between 1 --> infinity.
Old 10-05-2002, 01:40 AM   #6
CephasH
CephasH

5 yr Member

No, the number is likely to well over 1 but less than infinity.

If the angels dance very quickly and in the same direction, then the angular momentum could lead to a situation like the extremal Kerr metric, where no event horizon forms (this could also be achieved by charging the angels). Hence the number of dancing angels that can crowd together is likely much higher than the number of stationary angels.

However, at these speeds the friction caused by their interaction with the pin is likely to vaporise it or at least break it apart. Even for a modest speed of 1 m/s the total kinetic energy of Nmax angels of mass mcrit would be 1.682*10exp16 J. In the case of charged angels at relativistic densities, pair-creation in their vicinity would likely cause the charge to dissipate over time,6 and charge transfer to the pin would also likely induce electromechanical forces beyond any material tolerances.

And the Segway will require a METRIC butter knife.
CephasH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 02:05 PM   #7
ftropea
ftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member

Why would there be friction? If you're suggesting they have mass, what might be composed of?

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea
ftropea is offline   Reply With Quote