SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Rusty Butrusty
Rusty Butrusty is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Talking Tough Guy on a Harley

A Tough-Guy Legend...

On January 9 a group of Pekin, Illinois bikers were riding west on I-74 when they saw a girl about to jump off a Peoria bridge, so they stopped.

The leader, George a big burly man of 53, gets off his bike, walks through the gawkers, past the State Trooper, and says, "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to commit suicide," she says.

While he didn't want to appear "sensitive," he didn't want to miss a be-a-legend opportunity either so he asked ... "Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a kiss?"

So, with no hesitation at all, she leaned back over the railing and did just that ... and it was a long, deep, lingering kiss followed immediately by another one.

After she's finished, George gets approval from his group, the onlookers, and even the State Trooper, then he says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had, Honey! That's a real talent you're wasting, Sugar Shorts. You could be famous if you rode with me. Why are you committing suicide?"

"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl."

The onlookers are still unclear whether she jumped or was pushed............
Rusty Butrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
Tx-Rider
Tx-Rider is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I know you're trying be 'funny' but this isn't funny.
And it doesn't need to be posted on Segway Chat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ps, stay away from squirrels...

Peace, Love, & Segways
Tx-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I thought it was funny. I called my wife in to read it, and she chuckled.

Surely, it can be inappropriate as well, and it can easily be not funny to some.

I have bad knees, and have fallen down the stairs. I got hurt, and am not a fan of making fun of people getting hurt, but there are some comedians who still make me laugh at some very physical comedy. I believe we all must try to see the humor in things.

I have a great friend who is 90 years old. The last 5 years have been very difficult on him, and he is barely walking with a walker. His whole life is very much impacted negatively because of his mobility issues, and I feel terrible about it. But as bad as I feel, watch Tim Conway play an old man on a re-run of Carol Burnett show, and see that anything can be funny, if done well, and viewed without trying to be offended.

This may not be PC. It may not be need to be posted on SC. It may not even appeal to everyone. But I cannot endorse that it is not funny.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

May not be PC, I have read it before and it was still funny. One good thing about getting old is that you forget what you you read a week ago and it's funny again. I like to read SiFi books. I have three books that I like. I have them marked #1, #2 and #3. I never have to buy new books. Opps, that may not be PC.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Rusty, that was funny as hell, thanks for telling it. But Rolacoy, I don't get your joke at all.
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by eJM View Post
Rusty, that was funny as hell, thanks for telling it. But Rolacoy, I don't get your joke at all.
Read it again tomorrow. It may make more sense then.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #7
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacoy View Post
May not be PC, I have read it before and it was still funny. One good thing about getting old is that you forget what you you read a week ago and it's funny again. I like to read SiFi books. I have three books that I like. I have them marked #1, #2 and #3. I never have to buy new books. Opps, that may not be PC.
*I* found this funny ... because I have three Science Fiction books hanging out by my bed, that I periodically pick up and re-read. The newest member of the set is probably the oldest; David Brin's Glory Road. Neal Stephenson's Anathem. And an anthology of short stories from one one of the magazines.

The anthology has been there several years. Glory Road is there because David Brin suggested it as part of a list of good female characters for my daughter -- and I later discovered I had a copy, unread. It's been there about year.

Anathem, which I was just re-reading this morning as I slowly got my wits about me, has been there for two and a half years. Every time I pick it up, I find something I missed or, more likely, had forgotten.

I haven't bought any new Science Fiction in years!

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote