SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

My second sentence stated that this post was "political" and some would be upset that it was not Segway related. However, as a fellow Segway owner and reader/poster on this forum I value all of your perspectives. That was the reason for the posting.

One of the reasons that my wife and I recently joined this church was the kids. The pastor really makes an effort to reach out to kids and gets them involved in our services. Another reason was they needed help in planning, organizing and building an educational building for classrooms for the kids. The church now has three functioning classes in the building and room for two more classes.

The word got out to the other kids about the bricks being worth .05 stacked by the fence. Sunday we had a dinner following our church service. Some other kids were dinging bricks. I told them that on Sunday we don't work. They only got about half of the bricks dug up. I will take all of your comments into consideration for the next time. I may even go so far as setting the kids down, with their Dads help and talking to them about the value of work and the value of fairness as Christian people.

This posting has ran far off the subject of Segways. I do ride my Segway to church in good weather. John should probably remove it, but still I value your thoughts, thanks.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

There is a classic story on this subject--but under the circumstances, I won't carry it any farther than that. <G>
Matthew 20:1-16

It has indeed been an interesting and thought provoking thread even if only remotely Seg connected...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Very good story, but we have drifted afar. On to other things SEGWAY.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote