SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
DesertSeg
DesertSeg is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hello Jeff and welcome to the forums!

I have a couple of suggestions for you for the Gen 1 machines:

1) Both current handlebar bags available (Silver & Gray or Black) are not very stylish compared to the comparable bags for the Gen 2. They are fairly functional, but are disproportionate to the machine. I would like to see something similar to the nylon back/ plastic front for the Gen 1 machines, including pockets on the rear (side facing the rider) large enough to hold a water or soda bottle up to 24 oz or so. I am flabbergasted that none of the current models have this!

2) For the side bags, I will concur with the previous post that a smaller, lower profile design would be welcome. Preferably with removable interior dividers.

3) Different colored, swappable exterior panels for all bags. This would allow the buyer to customize their purchase without you (the manufacturer) having to produce different colored bags.

Don't forget the reflective stripes for visibility!
DesertSeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #12
DesertSeg

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
Something that could securely carry my 17" laptop without extending beyond the side boundaries of the wheels. Preferably with a suspension...
I think a computer backpack would be much easier, cheaper, and has the built in "suspension" from the rider!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #13
jrwilcox
jrwilcox is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default 17" Laptop

I carry mine in a modified Cargo bag. It is possible with a dremel tool to make it fit nice and snug.

Jim

"I'd much rather be happy than right any day."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
jrwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #14
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
So the deal is, first we have to get famous. Then we figure some way to get rich off our fame.

This is just a question, and has no particular relavance to anything, but do you wear underwear?

I would have a problem if you don't... If that was the case, I am afraid I might not be your guy...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Something that could securely carry my 17" laptop without extending beyond the side boundaries of the wheels. Preferably with a suspension...
When I do use a segway side bag (I have several from other places) I use a gen 1 lower cargo bag from an e series. I like its shape and size much better, and being a non-plastic bag, it is quieter and easier on the contents with regard to rattling and banging around...

I would have to check, but I believe that it should easily accomodate your lap top. (You might need to make a foam insert)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSeg View Post
...1) Both current handlebar bags available (Silver & Gray or Black) are not very stylish compared to the comparable bags for the Gen 2. They are fairly functional, but are disproportionate to the machine. I would like to see something similar to the nylon back/ plastic front for the Gen 1 machines, including pockets on the rear (side facing the rider) large enough to hold a water or soda bottle up to 24 oz or so. I am flabbergasted that none of the current models have this!

I believe the Gen 1 bag that went with the e cargo system fits the bill you made up. It was a better shape (in my opinion) and had a flip open Cordura top, with a large see thru window in it, and on the glider's side (rear) it had two large pockets, one on either side, that could easily accomodate a large bottle of soda or water. One side had an elastic rim, and the other had that and an additional drawstring and taller insert, so you could put smaller items in and then close them up...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #16
Isidore
Isidore will become famous soon enoughIsidore will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

What I would like to se is an improved quick release attachment system that mounts roughly where the current gen 2 bag fits but which will take a thin briefcase type bag t take documents and a laptop mounted across the leansteer frame. The bag should look like a briefcase, with a cover for all the various fittings, so I can go into a meeting with something that looks like a cordura or equivalent briefcase that also can attach to the leansteer so I don't have to wear it on my back. There are equivalent cycle bags but the fittings are different to that on a seg.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #17
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I've been looking at this lately, and I wish there were more cargo options available. Some things I'd like to see (not necessarily all of these on one model):

-Lots of storage capacity - like enough for light grocery shopping, if possible
-Compatibility with first-gen
-Securely attached but not too hard to install
-Preferably more affordable than current options
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #18
DesertSeg

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I believe the Gen 1 bag that went with the e cargo system fits the bill you made up. It was a better shape (in my opinion) and had a flip open Cordura top, with a large see thru window in it, and on the glider's side (rear) it had two large pockets, one on either side, that could easily accomodate a large bottle of soda or water. One side had an elastic rim, and the other had that and an additional drawstring and taller insert, so you could put smaller items in and then close them up...
Never seen anything other than the two bags I referenced. Do you have any links?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #19
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSeg View Post
I think a computer backpack would be much easier, cheaper, and has the built in "suspension" from the rider!
Using my spine as a suspension is not a very good thing. Not with the bulging disks due to an inattentive driver, and not with the family history of osteoporosis and such.

The only viable system I've found is a particular, very large backpack, with a computer briefcase inside. This puts the weight on my hips rather than my spine.

I also have to carry an assortment of meds & medical equipment, so it adds up to a very bulky, and often, very heavy load.

Someday I won't be able to manage it. It's already very awkward on the ferry.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #20
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
This is just a question, and has no particular relavance to anything, but do you wear underwear?

I would have a problem if you don't... If that was the case, I am afraid I might not be your guy...
It's not a matter I discuss in public forums or demonstrate for the paparazzi!
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote