SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:40 AM   #31
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I don't consider myself particularly well read, and still cannot imagine anyone not getting the sullivan reference. That one was obvious.

And by the way, it's 97.865 % of statistics are made up, not 98.765%. Where did you do YOUR research?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:08 AM   #32
Eric Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I don't consider myself particularly well read, and still cannot imagine anyone not getting the sullivan reference. That one was obvious.

And by the way, it's 97.865 % of statistics are made up, not 98.765%. Where did you do YOUR research?
Well... to people under the age of, oh... 33 (and, yes, I"ve been told they do exist), there might not be an immediate mental picture of Ed Sullivan. Heck, since he died in '74, there may not be a mental image at all.

Ah... but Sunday nights on CBS... Ed Sullivan and Jackie Gleason... and, for a brief period of time, Judy Garland...

3 hours of magic, every week.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:13 AM   #33
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Payne View Post
Well... to people under the age of, oh... 33 (and, yes, I"ve been told they do exist), there might not be an immediate mental picture of Ed Sullivan. Heck, since he died in '74, there may not be a mental image at all.

Ah... but Sunday nights on CBS... Ed Sullivan and Jackie Gleason... and, for a brief period of time, Judy Garland...

3 hours of magic, every week.

I am looking forward to fest, as it promises to be a "Really big shooow!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:28 AM   #34
Eric Payne

Quote:
I am looking forward to fest, as it promises to be a "Really big shooow!"
Don't you mean "Really big shoe"?
Old 02-10-2008, 03:33 AM   #35
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Payne View Post
Don't you mean "Really big shoe"?

Of course I do, but I have never been very good at typing an accent.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:40 AM   #36
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Of course I do, but I have never been very good at typing an accent.
Well since you meant shoe let me share a little something neither of you know that will make your original statement even more legitimate than you even knew! As noted several times in the past I am planning on going to SF! What I have never mentioned is that I have huge feet! I wear a size 16 shoe, but my feet are constantly growing and I am expecting once summer comes to move up to a 17! So, continue on about big shoes Karl, cause they will be there!

Jeremy Ryan

P.S. Is there enough room on a Segway for my enormously large feet??
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:13 AM   #37
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
Well since you meant shoe let me share a little something neither of you know that will make your original statement even more legitimate than you even knew! As noted several times in the past I am planning on going to SF! What I have never mentioned is that I have huge feet! I wear a size 16 shoe, but my feet are constantly growing and I am expecting once summer comes to move up to a 17! So, continue on about big shoes Karl, cause they will be there!

Jeremy Ryan

P.S. Is there enough room on a Segway for my enormously large feet??

Jeremy,

Eric and I are playing. Ed Sullivan had a variety show, for a long time on television in the 60's and I think from the late 50's into the early 70"s but I am not sure of the dates. You may not even know what that is. Kind of like the precurser to Saturday Night live, or the Carole Burnett show.

He was famous for his way of saying each night that he had a "really big show!" but he over pronounced the first part of 'really' and pronounced the word 'show' almost like 'shoe' but he elongated that too, more like a "Reeeely big shoooo" The joke is in trying to spell the way he mis-pronounced the words.

It matters not. You will be welcome, big feet and all.

And, to the best of my knowledge, Saquile O'neil (the basketball player) has a seg. Are your feet bigger than his?

Old 02-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #38
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default This thread

Quote:
And I am a political conservative, and a social libertarian and a traditionalist. And a proud veteran. I can be a nationalist and all of the above. One thing that I have not been for 20+ years is a Republican. I have been a registered independent for decades, and even on this forum I indicated presidential elections where I did not vote Republican.

Explains why Karl's post count is at 4,436

btw: (sniff sniff) Karl is that backpedaling I smell?
I guess you have to take down those pictures of:

Richard Milhous Nixon
Gerald Rudolph Ford
Ronald Wilson Reagan
George Herbert Walker Bush
George Walker Bush

All Proud past Presidents....

I did not call you a republican, I said you THINK like a republican
Thats worse.

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...000&autoplay=1

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!

Last edited by macgeek; 02-10-2008 at 10:52 AM..
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #39
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default That is what is good about this country

That we can be what ever we want, and vote what ever way we want. We have that right.

The sad side of that is that there are people out there who feel that if you do not believe or think just like they do that you are wrong and should be penalized for it.

Sadly no one is willing to say, Yeah, I don't agree with you, but I have that right, and you have that right. So let's find something we all agree on.

And in the Segway world, we all agree on that we like Segways, riding them, having them around, etc... And we come from all sides of the spectrum.

Segwayland is sure no Stepford!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #40
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post

Sadly no one is willing to say, Yeah, I don't agree with you, but I have that right, and you have that right. So let's find something we all agree on.
I disagree, there have been several times most notably with Karl when I and others, particularly Eric Payne, have done just this! What we find to agree on in these cases is just that we all have different but equal opinions and we can debate all we want but at the end of the night we will all be friends! But I agree Will in a way it's just that it's not that no one is willing to say it, yet that a very few are willing!

Jeremy Ryan
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote