SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #11
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
You weren't kidding when you said you had a polo field behind your house. I'm planning some film projects as we speak.
I'm glad someone else caught that comment. I actually thought it to myself before Bill made the comment aloud.

Bill, I think you need to get a couple polo mallets. Besides bringing them down to the local pub (since they make great "show and tell"), you can use them to wing balls across that field for your dogs to retrieve. Never you mind that the ball is just about as big as the dog....8^) 8^) 8^)

ps - Something tells me that if this works out, you're going tot need a bigger supply of turkey bacon. You'll be having to hand out a piece for every retrieved ball...I know dogs and they hate to drop the ball once they've sunk their teeth into it!
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #12
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default Stay tunes for OPTA: the Movie

coming this weekend (barring rain).

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway

Last edited by BillPaxton; 01-30-2008 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: tunes=tuned. I really need to proofread
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovRob View Post
LOL...Greyhounds are not the dog to get to get exercise yourself All they need is a 10 minute opportunity for a sprint session and then they just plod around or want to curl up on an armchair. Very loving and great family animals, but exercise for you? HAH!

We have a lurcher (greyhound cross) and 2 dalmatians...NOW they love a good walk! (All 3 are rescue dogs...great move)

Sorry for going off-topic.
Rob, Sorry, but it was a bit tongue in cheek. I know what they are like, being described as "40mph coach potatoe's". Having said that it has already been suggested that we take them on a lead whilst riding the Seg's, and that was my daughter.

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #14
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Well you could always attempt to teach your Greyhounds to glide. They are big enough and with proper training could acieve it! Just make sure there is no one around I don't think the Greyhounds would be very good at turning!

Jeremy Ryan
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:19 PM   #15
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
Well you could always attempt to teach your Greyhounds to glide. They are big enough and with proper training could acieve it! Just make sure there is no one around I don't think the Greyhounds would be very good at turning!

Jeremy Ryan
They are very good at turning, but only to the left!

Trouble is I think they may want the purple key as even 12mph is slow for a Greyhound.

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:47 PM   #16
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
They are very good at turning, but only to the left!

Trouble is I think they may want the purple key as even 12mph is slow for a Greyhound.
Yes indeed and they may start tinkering just to find some sort of electronic speed limiter similar to a car's governor (to my best knowledge they will not find one) and you will most likely end up with a broken seg! Speaking of greyhounds are you allowed to have a Segway on a Greyhound Bus?

Jeremy Ryan
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #17
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
Yes indeed and they may start tinkering just to find some sort of electronic speed limiter similar to a car's governor (to my best knowledge they will not find one) and you will most likely end up with a broken seg! Speaking of greyhounds are you allowed to have a Segway on a Greyhound Bus?
Good question. Typing "greyhound" into the above Search feature on the menu bar gave half a dozen relevant posts. Half of these were about dogs, but the other half talked about shippment by bus, and http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=12139 was the most relevant of them. One post also cited a Greyhound Bus web page of prohibited items which included "batteries" but wasn't very specific.
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #18
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Very timely post as we have a client coming in who has two large dogs and is looking at a Segway to help with the exercise routine.

I have had Weimeraners, Miniature Pinschers, and Yorkies. Love them all...am at a stage now that the Yorkies (especially miniature Yorkies) fite well into my lifestyle.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #19
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Sneaking them into your luggage for SegFest, Steven? We had a couple in Long Beach....
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #20
bmaphies
bmaphies is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Running with hounds

My wife and I take our dogs (1 beagle, 1 bassett hound) out and while she walks one I run the other one down the block and back. Only takes about 4 blocks to totally wear them out.
bmaphies is offline   Reply With Quote