SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default A Call To Arms

My fellow gliders,

I am appalled by some of your behaviors and I can't hold my tongue anymore. I would like to urge you all to take a deep breath and think about some things:
  1. This forum is about SEGWAYs. We all have that one thing in common.
  2. We don't have to agree. God bless America. If you hate ***'s posts, for everyone's sake, BLOCK them and get over it!
  3. Can't we be civil, please? I would like to think if I need a fender or tire, there are 30 people that can help. THAT is what this board was meant for. Be a source of help for those that need help and put your petty bs behind you. You can all take a page out of Dr. Marty's book and see what difference one person can make to someone.
  4. Grow up. Personal attacks are about the most childish things you can do - why is this such a frequent occurance among people that all share #1???
  5. Be constructive with your criticiscms - you serve no one but yourself with a rant. Have you never heard Eldrige Cleaver's "if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem" speech? I say SHAME ON YOU. Again, grow up, and find a way to find equal ground with your peers.
  6. Whatever happened to kindness? You don't have to be any religion or belong to any political party to be kind to people. Just try to see the other persons perspective and try not to be so judgemental - there are SO many other things we can all agree to be angry about. Just try a bit harder to be kind, its really not so hard.
Why did I post this? I was so angered by a post I saw today that I was tempted to just fade away. But I decided to chat for a bit and then I realized that this is a big part of the problem here - the members get upset and either stomp off or make a huge show of their departure...and who does that serve?
We need to put our indifferences aside and realize our similarities, that was the basis of this [and every] forum - to welcome the new people and share knowledge. But remember too that this board did not spring up when you joined, and I think it won't die out just because you storm off in anger. Be an adult - talk, PM, chat with the folks that urk you. I did and now I have new friends as a result.

+B

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote