SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:33 AM   #21
ryanj0
ryanj0 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I'm back!!! And still gliding how many others still gliding?

Jeremy Ryan
Segway Jeremy Ryan
ryanj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:18 PM   #22
CZroe
CZroe is on a distinguished road

I know there used to be a Segway store in Peachtree City, GA, but I can’t find any info and presume that it is gone. Similarly, I can’t find any info about a Segway store in all of Atlanta and the surrounding areas. Did they essentially close all US Segway stores?! When?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:17 PM   #23
P99Guy
P99Guy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj0 View Post

Jeremy Ryan
Segway Jeremy Ryan
Still gliding. Newbie though, only since 2015.

Thanks for checking in.
P99Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:18 PM   #24
P99Guy
P99Guy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I know there used to be a Segway store in Peachtree City, GA, but I can’t find any info and presume that it is gone. Similarly, I can’t find any info about a Segway store in all of Atlanta and the surrounding areas. Did they essentially close all US Segway stores?! When?
No there are still a few existing.Probably just none close to you.
What are you looking for?

D
P99Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:26 PM   #25
CZroe
CZroe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Guy View Post
No there are still a few existing.Probably just none close to you.
What are you looking for?

D
I needed service, like replacement tires, in less than a month of ownership. Now I have a much more serious issue where the wheel bent about 80° out of alignment with the handlebars and I don’t know if it’s safe to ride after forcing it back where it belongs and tightening things down. A big part of the uncertainty is my inability to tighten the screws under their warranty seal without breaking the warranty seal. I need some place that is allowed to break those warranty seals without consequence.

While these seals are technically invalid in the USA I’d rather just avoid breaking the seal and claim warranty than break the seals to tighten the screws and have to potentially argue to claim warranty. Heck, being unable to tighten them without breaking the seal is probably what caused the problem. The wheel didn’t get knocked out of alignment in a scooter accident… the wheel going out of alignment WAS the scooter accident.

If they still exist, shouldn’t there be a list of locations on their website or something?

Last edited by CZroe; 11-02-2021 at 06:39 PM..
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 08:55 PM   #26
MuttonChops
MuttonChops will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Another Shocked & Disappointed i2 Glider

I've not been on the forum for a long time.
And while I seem to remember seeing a news item on real Segways being obsolete . . . this thread was still a shock.

Original Segway definitely made some errors in marketing.
IMHO Too many X-auto-industry V.P. and far too few recreational not-a-bike minded leaders.

My i2 has over 11,000 miles but to be honest since getting an eBike the SEG does not get much usage
. . . eBike has better range and far less 'where you can glide/ride' conflicts . . .

I was lucky to even do my work commute for nearly 18-months on the SEG in all weather except ice & snow.

Hopefully, I can get the batteries rebuilt . . . looks like my retirement budget line item to buy a Segway isn't needed. . .
MuttonChops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 09:53 AM   #27
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I also enjoy my ebike a lot more than the Segway. Unfortunately, need yet another battery rebuild. Given that they set you back nearly $1k, I may end up not doing it. Just doesn't seem worth it....
Old 04-07-2022, 05:23 PM   #28
roaldrd2
roaldrd2 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hi Guys.
So does anyone know where to purchase the battery sets(94 18650 cells all spot welded together in the correct configurations)
There is Steve in Methuen Mass. that buys them and rebuilds battery packs... won't tell me where he buys his batteries... his trade secret..

Bob
roaldrd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 01:44 PM   #29
lilnyc
lilnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj0 View Post

Jeremy Ryan
Segway Jeremy Ryan
Not gliding on the i2, but I spotted an i2 right outside of my home and chatted with the owner. He was all smiles and loved it.

I'm semi-gliding onto a Ninebot S-Plus for a trial period. I've tried other Ninebot stuff and none of that cheap plastic compares to the authentic Segway brand, but I miss the Segway glide so it's the closest to it. I'm an electric unicycle rider now.
lilnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 06:57 PM   #30
truck
truck is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnyc View Post
Not gliding on the i2, but I spotted an i2 right outside of my home and chatted with the owner. He was all smiles and loved it.

I'm semi-gliding onto a Ninebot S-Plus for a trial period. I've tried other Ninebot stuff and none of that cheap plastic compares to the authentic Segway brand, but I miss the Segway glide so it's the closest to it. I'm an electric unicycle rider now.
Your good old i2 is still going strong, every day, weather permitting I go to the mail room and/or a glide around the neighborhood.

Barry
truck is offline   Reply With Quote