SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 11-09-2006, 09:47 AM   #81
rbryson
rbryson is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Theatrical SegwayS

I am a Theatre Arts Professor. We are using the University's old Segway in a current theatrical production and my wife JUST^ surprised ME with my very own i2 (black!)
Old 11-09-2006, 11:06 AM   #82
Papajack
Papajack is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Papajack

Just trying to check in as a new owner. My XT was delivered 2 days ago and it has rained ever since. I've been trying to ride it in my small garage without hitting my 2006 FJR1300 Yamaha, so far so good.
I bot the ST from Sam's Club to use in playing Disc Golf which I do a lot, but my 85 year old legs are getting tired. I'm sure the XT's agressive tires will be right for grass and hills but maybe a bit much for other places.
Does anyone know if wheelsl/tires from say a 180 could be put onto the XT, and whether there would be computer software problems because of different tire sizes etc?
I live in central PA and today am looking at 64 degrees and a perfect fall day.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #83
semolina
semolina is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default new owner!!

Jamie, Philadelphia, PA
red i180, to commute to work, run errands, and have fun
www.livejournal.com/users/semolina
Old 11-09-2006, 09:21 PM   #84
cruiter
cruiter is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Three in one day

Wow, three in one day

Congratulations to all of you. The most important thing to learn is the smile, the one that says you know of the magic you posess

Ride carefully and enjoy.

" We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)
Old 11-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #85
tarmack
tarmack is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Waiting for the full charge

New owner checking in....delivery was 2 hrs ago by motor freight as I purchased from Sam's Club about 10 days ago.

Indicates 14.2 software on the box...and actually my batt's are blinking right now as the full charge cycle seems to be over...into the batt balance portion.

Retired 747 pilot for an International Airline...plan to use the XT for getting around campgrounds at Sun N Fun and the Oshkosh airshows next year.

Mel Ott
Old 11-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #86
tarmack
tarmack is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default 1st Glide postponed...alas.....

Got to be too late yesterday to take the first ride.....so I left the XT plugged in over night.....came out to the garage this morning to find one GREEN light and one RED light on the charge port.

Dug the manual out....followed the instructions to reseat the power cables in the column.....no help......then removed and reinstalled the batteries....again to change in condition....all red on the indicator with the little "wrench" showing.

Off to the phone to call Tech Support.....resulting in a battery exchange....hoping for an arrival of a new rear battery next week.

Guess now I can read all the manual and watch the video tape several times....by the way....WHAT is with a VCR tape these days....I had to go and borrow a neighbors VCR....as all we have is DVD players these days.

Mel Ott

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmack View Post
New owner checking in....delivery was 2 hrs ago by motor freight as I purchased from Sam's Club about 10 days ago.

Indicates 14.2 software on the box...and actually my batt's are blinking right now as the full charge cycle seems to be over...into the batt balance portion.

Retired 747 pilot for an International Airline...plan to use the XT for getting around campgrounds at Sun N Fun and the Oshkosh airshows next year.

Mel Ott
Old 12-04-2006, 08:21 AM   #87
CT Arrow
CT Arrow is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Another i2 owner....

Hello everyone! Another new kid on the Block!

I am Andy from the Connecticut Shoreline. Just picked up my i2 on Saturday (12-2-06) and having a blast! WX has been unusually warm in the North East so I am taking advantage of riding. I adapted quickly to the i2 and love the blank stares from people trying to figure what this thing is?

Does anybody know when the accessories will be available? Kickstand, front bag, upgraded mats,,,,?

Has anyone "pimped" out there i2? Would love to see pics if you have them..

Looking forward to meeting everyone
Old 12-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #88
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I've just moved the 5 responses to Andy into their own thread. Let's keep this thread just for intros for new members.
Pam
Old 12-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #89
Majestic
Majestic is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Hi everyone! Just received my Midnight Blue i180 yesterday and after a few hours of getting aquainted with it, I was the nutso riding up and down my block on a segway at 12:30am. You couldn't wipe the grin off of my face!

I'm very pleased so far. It's gonna be the black key for me at least for a little while.

I'm located in the Central New Jersey area and I look forward to meeting some local gliders.

Fred
Old 01-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #90
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Please let's leave this thread just for intros. I will start a holding thread for replys and they will be moved there. If you're looking for your comment, it will be at http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=14469

Thanks!
Pam

Last edited by pam; 02-07-2007 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: to put the url in for replies
Closed Thread