SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-27-2003, 11:31 PM   #51
JosephM
JosephM

5 yr Member

The front basket for the Segway iSeries costs approx. $149.

FIRST Pit News Mag @ www.pitnews.org
JosephM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:17 AM   #52
motleyorc
motleyorc

5 yr Member

$149 for the front basket? That seems kind of ridiculous. I think I will stick with my backpack for now.

http://www.segwayceleb.com
motleyorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 02:12 AM   #53
Deviant
Deviant

5 yr Member

At first I thought the basket was pretty high, but then I realized that I'd easily pay $60 for a Segway sweatshirt during these heady days, so $150 for a stylized basket isn't that great a leap.

BTW, the basket does come with a metal bar to attach to the Segway that keeps the basket from swinging, plus two large cup holders.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 02:55 AM   #54
Peter iNova
Peter iNova is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SegwayRealtor

How about a nightlight attachment for those who travel in the evening... Great for Street driving.
I notice from some of the interior training shots that the wheels have a circle of white reflection, white scotchlight strips in the front and red ones in the back. Still, a light would be nice, since reflectors are only for those shining lights already.

A nice, soft edged area light to pick out objects in the next 3 meters or so. White LEDs anyone?

-iNova (Nothing to do with Inova lights)
Peter iNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:33 PM   #55
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Hi Everyone...This is my first post on Segway Chat. I've been visiting awhile but been reluctant to chat here. I've posted many times on another site for some time under the same name.

I have found this site quite interesting and has no bickering or badmouthing as the other site. I believe I will also be welcome here as well.

I think some good ideas for the Segway would be:

Having the body of the SHT painted with reflective colors for night time visibility or perhaps chrome plated.

Having tire flys on the valve stems would also be cool and increase night time visibility.

Having customized chrome wheels or wheel covers for it.

Slip on body wet suits with foot covers in case of rain.

A cup holder as some else mentioned.

Strap-on battery headlamps (2 or 3) mounted vertically on the T-bar shaft. This would always illuminate the road ahead no matter what angle your at. Also rear LED tailights at both fenders and at the ends of each handgrip for rear night time visibility.

Extra batteries mounted vertically beside the T-bar for longer rides or unplanned overextended trips with quick disconnects for ease of exchange.

What do you think?

"Wouldn't it be cool, if?...is like Folgers in my cup"
GadgetmanKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:05 PM   #56
GadgetmanKen

Other improvements or accessories would be to have:

A time delayed shut off for the SHT in case its stolen, then you'd need a number code to turn it back on, that activates only when you or someone else gets back on it.

Shocks

Turn signals

GPS navigation

Trailer

Trailer hitch carrier mount for your automobile so you don't have to lug it in and out of your trunk.

Old 01-29-2003, 07:31 PM   #57
drucilla
drucilla

5 yr Member

How about and undercarriage lawn mower attachment so when I ride around the yard, I can get some work done..lol

mind if my segway and i pass?
drucilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 08:38 PM   #58
RobbW
RobbW

5 yr Member

I tend to recall that this may have been talked about in a previous thread, but since I heard this from Segway today, I thought I would pass it along for those that weren't aware...

If you're interested in ordering an accessory (such as the front cargo bag), you can't do it until you actually get the final payment request e-mail from Segway. On the same form you will use to pay off your remaining balance, you will also have the opportunity to order addt'l accessories such as the front cargo bag, etc.

Apparently, Segway is not allowing you to purchase accessories prior to receiving your HT in order to make sure they have enough supply on hand.

So there.

RobbW

P.S. Add my vote to build in an ultrabright LED into the front and/or back of the unit.

P.S.S. I'm also casting my vote to add a Segway unique toned horn. If I may offer a suggestion, and if it isn't too obscure, how about lifting that tone you hear while waiting in line at Star Tours? (The "da-da-da-da" noise prior to any broadcast messages or ads for trips to Endor)? I use that as my "you've got mail" sound and if ever there was a pleasant sound that needs to be utilized more, that is it.

P.S.S.S. BTW, with respect to radios...listening to nature is fine for the first week or two, but I'm sure I would also love to eventually have an "open-air" radio to keep me company during the empty stretches of my 15 min ride to the train station. I can drive a car, and ride a motorcycle with the radio on (except when they play Pop Goes the Weasel on the violin but that's a whole other story for another time), and that's a heck of a lot heavier than a Segway. Besides, it will be much more sporting to roll over the blind and the disabled if they get a bit of advance warning that I'm coming for them. (cue Jaws theme...)
RobbW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 11:22 AM   #59
GadgetmanKen

Oh I'll take that lawnmower attachment too. Just make it a Weed Eater attachment so I can buzz around the yard and mow the grass at the same time. Then I'll name my Chariot "JAWS"
Ever been hit by the string on a weed eater? Man that smarts, but it would be better than getting toes and or fingers or arm lopted off by a blade. Don't ya think? Oh don't ever think about getting some loose string dangling from the head of your trimmer while it's idling, Dooh !! When you think you can pull it right off all you do is tighten it and it sucks your hand and fingers right into it. Like I said "MAN,IT HURTS" Did that "once", notice I said "once".

Actually I can't wait to get mine, I'll have so many attachments on it, it will be better than a Swiss Army knife. Versitle, yet attractive....

Old 02-02-2003, 04:30 PM   #60
2totango
2totango

5 yr Member

Hey you already owners---I woke up dreaming that what I would want first was something that, when parking the HT, would fold down over the platform taking away the temptation for passersby to step up on it. Make sense? Or just a dream.
2totango is offline   Reply With Quote