SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #101
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I have a question. IF you start it up and the platform switches are engaged, or intermittent, might you not get something like this?

I had my gen 1 from before the days of the presidential switching. In other words, when I first got my machine, you had to manually put it into balance mode with the button.

After President Bush had his famous effort of mounting a machine that was not in balance mode, they changed the software, so that if the machine was turned on, but not in balance mode, stepping onto the platform would instantly put it into balance mode.

I cannot offer too much from personal experience, because I owned an E, not an I, and that acted differently when on but not in rider balance mode.

Feel free to fill in details of how my guess may be wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #102
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

In theory (page 33 of the manual), there are specific "red" icons for having each of the 4 rider detect sensors depressed, and/or the button depressed, when the key is inserted.

My two XTs act exactly like that.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 AM   #103
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_fetche View Post
so take a look here:

never mind till now to step on, but look what`s on.
XT coul be drived, is turning, is keeping ballance, and over that loong lasting beeps is leaving the balanced mode.
What I can't figure out is why it goes direct to safety shutdown,
it looks like boot up/start up fine, and right away goes into balance mode, than system detect system error or not enough power for emergency stop, therefor call for a safety shutdown.

the question is, started up fine but how did it go directly to balance mode and emergency shutdown, without press of the blue button/red or step on the platform.

if button is pressed or platform's 4 sensor pressed, or the turning grip twisted, while using the key to power on, the display will give you that particular error code with red light and stop the system to display the green smiley face. but your i167 just pass that stage with an blink of an eye, goes straight to safety shutdown.
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #104
dale@thecoys.net

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
What I can't figure out is why it goes direct to safety shutdown,
it looks like boot up/start up fine, and right away goes into balance mode, than system detect system error or not enough power for emergency stop, therefor call for a safety shutdown.

the question is, started up fine but how did it go directly to balance mode and emergency shutdown, without press of the blue button/red or step on the platform.

if button is pressed or platform's 4 sensor pressed, or the turning grip twisted, while using the key to power on, the display will give you that particular error code with red light and stop the system to display the green smiley face. but your i167 just pass that stage with an blink of an eye, goes straight to safety shutdown.
Remember, Felix did not say exactly what he did to cause it to act that way. He said "never mind till now to step on" but I'm not sure what that means (there's a language difficulty here, of course). Perhaps he pressed the button at some point, or stepped on the platform, or ?????? - but it is not normal operation.

Felix, please tell us the model number and serial number of the platform? This might give us some indication of the age.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #105
infinitronics
infinitronics is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

To me, if you listen closely, it sounds like someone is stepping on the platform immediately after the XT starts up.

Then it is going into shutdown.

YMMV...
infinitronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #106
felix_fetche
felix_fetche is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

yes, excusses, i forgot to say that i stepped on it, it keeps the balance and even can ride it, for about ten seconds, if only press mode button enter very breafly in balance mode an then of course the red display.
felix_fetche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #107
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
yes, excusses, i forgot to say that i stepped on it, it keeps the balance and even can ride it, for about ten seconds, if only press mode button enter very breafly in balance mode an then of course the red display.
looks like your battery doesn't have enough torque/current to keep you going, and system calls for an emergency shutdown that's all, try a new battery pack.

This is a problem I had, Broken handlebar https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc817wkhaw...2014.58.23.mov

no solution so far, tried everything, and the cable and connectors are both fine.
Change another handlebar everything is fine
Did I miss anything??
looks like laser cut open the plastic mold and fix that "can-bus" board is the only option.Isuspect is just an aging capacitor..........

Last edited by Amimoto; 01-14-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #108
dale@thecoys.net

5 yr Member

Quote:
Yes, the time is longer because it's doing "safety shutdown" - giving you time to get off before it shuts down.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 AM   #109
felix_fetche

5 yr Member

you`re right.
i found in front CU one suspicious part. this PVI1050NS is an insulated photovoltaic device wich generates 12Vcc (2x6Vcc) to drive the gate of the power MOSFET wich as his turn is switching on/off the batt positive point into RST power bridge. i dont have the part till friday so i will replace today anyhow the mosfet.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #110
felix_fetche

5 yr Member

back to the subject, maybe interesting for some of us.
look today i try to start this toy and starnge is doing completly diferent:
-on display only red blincking red and wrench. the yellow screen does not apear anymore,..
on the rear CU booth IR2136S dont have active signal on EN, and no PWM startup check train on any of the twelve PWM`s.
does anyone know wich sequense is before to RST checks?
a hint: it behaves same if plugged to wall or not.