SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
solarseg
solarseg

5 yr Member
Default Segway Car

OOPPPS, looks like Peugeot beat you to it in the Moovie, they made a working model.
http://www.peugeot-concours-design.com/en/01_vainqueur
André Costa entered Peugeot designed contest and won. It runs on two large wheels. But I thought I saw this design before, with the door in the wheel. Do not know where. To me, I think Segway can make a similar vehicle, but I think the extended and heaver side should be in the back so when you 'lean' forward the back will raise off the ground to move forward. And when you came to a stop, the back will rest on the ground so to not waste energy and become stable park position.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Old 09-07-2005, 03:43 PM   #3
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Wow that is cool. Is this a real vehicle as of yet or just another looks only prototype like the new HT design shown on Made in America, or the One wheeled motor cycle that won another design contest? The Moovie reminds me of the Riot Wheel. I remember awhile back someone showed a pic of a two seater inside large wheels like this, designed back close to the turn of the century. Black and white pic. I know that one has been been posted on here before. But not the Moovie. It also reminds me of another two, where they are one wheeled and the rider sits inside the one wheel. My computer is down and can't provide the links. I'm gonna save this and do some photoshopping of it to a Segway and see what I can conjure up in the way of looks. Ahmm When it get another hard drive. I don't think it will need to self balance like the Segway tho, because the center of gravity is below the axis of the wheels. How are you supposed to get into it? From the front?

"Wouldn't it be cool, if?...is like Folgers in my cup"
Old 09-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #4
mrleisure
mrleisure

5 yr Member

Nope, this one isn't dynamically stabilized. In the article, the designer states that there are two spheres under the front that keep the whole thing upright. So it's rolling around on two giant wheels in back and two small balls up front. Creative maybe, but practical?

At least you can honestly say that "It's got ballz!"

Old 09-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

This device looks very interesting. I think it has no future however. It has merit and all, but no vehicle will have any potential to succeed if it does not have a hitch where you can put a hitch hauller for your segway...

Time to scrap this design and make another, with a hitch...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:39 AM   #6
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Imagine if the Moovie's wheel was large enough to glide into on your HT! Might give you second thoughts about missing the hitch!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:49 AM   #7
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

I was thinking that too. First modification would be to remove the second seat and put in a seg rack...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #8
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

With both seats removed, could a skilled HT rider microsteer the Moovie by positioning the HT in the passenger compartment? (as long as the Moovie's tires were inflated evenly.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #9
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Here's another link with lots of pics of the actual prototype made for the car show

http://www.carbodydesign.com/concept...eot-moovie.php

"Wouldn't it be cool, if?...is like Folgers in my cup"
Old 09-10-2005, 09:57 PM   #10
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, I like it. But I like wierd looking things {grin} - the Honda Element I have now is an awful lot like a concept car I saw in the 70's in Dallas. If it takes them 30 years to get something like this created, I probably won't still be driving, but still.... The only problem I can see is that when love-bugs are in season, it would be a mess in Florida. Although, with all that glass, they wouldn't ruin paint.
Pam