SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 01-02-2005, 06:52 PM   #11
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Im not saying another thing.

Jonathan

Segway - "Let's Roll"
Proud Segway NY member
www.segwaynyny.com
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:04 PM   #12
W9GFO
W9GFO is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pam

Rich, if it will make you happier, I will include a "moved to proper forum" message when I move a topic
Didn't you used to include that mesaage when moving topics? I just know I've seen it before. I guess I got used to seeing that and now I just see a lot of edits.

As far as the Indian battery question guy, only one of his posts were edited. All his others were in the proper forum. A "moved to proper forum" message would have made it very clear that his post was moved and not actually "edited".

I just think that when a moderator takes action on something that someone else has written, that reason should be stated. Else we all can see that a moderator has exercised his/her power without knowing why.

Ok, I don't think I can say anything more, and just for the record I don't remember ever having had one of my posts edited by a mod.

What is this moderated hell that macgeek speaks of?

Rich H

The Un-Official Segway Battery FAQ
http://www.spinfoot.com/SegwayBatteryFAQ.html
W9GFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #13
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I don't remember including a message re: moving. There used to be a big thing on the board because people wanted a note posted in the same forum stating that the original post had been moved to another forum. That was changed over a year ago. At that time we were moving a lot of things to the buy and sell forum. A post in the original forum was just the equivalent of 2 posts, one still advertising in the wrong forum. Now it just gets moved.

Yes, the Indian gentleman had a post in the HT discussion forum I moved into either science and technology or off topic, as I recall. He basically asked the same or a similar question in all the threads about batteries. I emailed him offlist suggesting he go back in and introduce himself and explain what he was asking for (I thought it might make it easier to understand what he was asking, since it was all over my head). I also asked where he lived in India - mentioned I'd lived there a couple of years ago.

I'm afraid we will have to continue to disagree on the edits. I feel strongly that as long as I have notified the original poster, nothing else is necessary.

Re: Moderated hell - you don't want to know <G>.

Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote