SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 12-24-2017, 03:25 AM   #1
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Hello from New Jersey!

Hi folks!

Thought I'd stop by and say hello. Looking forward to joining the community here. A little back story ...

I've done several Segway tours and only managed to seriously injure myself once. (no, really!) I got a little over-confident during my first Segway tour of San Francisco, did a little slalom back-and-forth, and somehow tossed myself over the side of the Segway. Didn't feel hurt, so hopped up and got back on.. a minute or two later, everything went grey, fuzzy and started to fade away. I got off the Segway, had the "cart of shame" come and pick me up... and when I got home to NJ a few days later, found out I had actually broken a rib in the fall. Yay.

But that first experience still hasn't stopped me... I've done several tours since, both in the US as well as Paris -- and have been enamored with the Segway ever since.

Fast forwarding to 2017.... my son is getting a miniLITE for Christmas this year. So in the completely, totally unselfish spirit of dad-and-son bonding, I decided to look into purchasing a Segway for myself.

So I've got a (used) i2 SE on the way... should be here in a few days. Can't wait to get on board! I don't think I've ever seen anyone on a Segway here in our suburban NJ community, so I'm expecting some stares and odd looks.... fine with me. Totally worth it.

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself! Looking forward to a fun new hobby.

--Dennis
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Oh yes.....and lots of questions.....My fav is when Im asked if it runs on gas? LOL

Enjoy your new toy!
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
Hardenburgward1@aol.
Hardenburgward1@aol. is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Welcome to no segway

Hi Dennis hope you enjoy segway in nj.
Hardenburgward1@aol. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:22 PM   #4
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Stay safe. Karting has rib protectors available. Broken or separated ribs during hard cornering is the most common injury in Kart racing. How hard were you cornering the Segway?

It is said that drones are a middle aged men magnets. They can hear a drone start up from blocks away and gather to ask the pilot questions. Poor pilot.

Hopefully, the Segway doesn't have that effect.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:11 PM   #5
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thanks guys! Can’t wait. Just got the ups shipping notification so it should be here later in the week. Exciting - will post pics once it’s here.

As for the drone being a magnet ... very true. I have a Phantom 4 Pro and it is fun as can be. But yes - the noise attracts others. I’m all good with that; happy
to share my hobby with others. Going to do the same with my Segway once it arrives!

Only downside is how darned COLD it’ll be this week. High of 19 degrees F it looks like. Yuck.
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote