SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #21
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetmanKen View Post
Wow, we went from China, to Dallas, to now Germany. Where the heck is the company that makes, or sells them?

Guess they"re made in China, sold in a BMW dealership in Germany and that gal in Dallas is going to start selling them here. : )
Others have pointed out that there is an effort afoot to get people to place dealership orders, not so much consumer sales. A dealership order is pretty large, for machines that seem clear to me are copies of other machines, and are not so easily traceable in origin.

Since the website indicates the minimum order would be 10 of each model, I would be happy to be middleman for you. Send me enough money to buy 30 units, and I will find more information for you, including an address or two. To expedite your order, make the check out to 'cash'. I'll take care of the rest. Better yet, make it a money order or bank transfer, as requested in the sites. Easiest way to do that is just send me your bank account number and routing number, and I'll take the money from you, just because I am a nice guy.

I am curious too, but at this point, it makes more sense to buy a bunch of segways on e-bay without bothering to check them out either...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #22
MagiMike
MagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Ecoboomer Texas seems to have links to the Segway community.

Charley Clift who is listed as the CEO of Ecoboomer Texas in Dallas has a Facebook page showing he is friends with Segway Fuerteventura in Spain, Neapoli Segway tours in Rome,Segway Napa,,Segway Oakland,Segway Brugge, Italy Segway Tours And a lot of other Segway tours around the world.

He is also friends with Moo Jae.

Moo Jae is listed on the ecoboomer site as the Texas dealer in Dallas for Ecoboomer.

All of these people have facebook pages open to the public.

"Remember Big Brother, Homeland Security,the smiley face in sunglasses and MagiMike are watching everything you do on the internet"
Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #23
Isidore
Isidore will become famous soon enoughIsidore will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiMike View Post
Ecoboomer Texas seems to have links to the Segway community.

Charley Clift who is listed as the CEO of Ecoboomer Texas in Dallas has a Facebook page showing he is friends with Segway Fuerteventura in Spain, Neapoli Segway tours in Rome,Segway Napa,,Segway Oakland,Segway Brugge, Italy Segway Tours And a lot of other Segway tours around the world.

He is also friends with Moo Jae.

Moo Jae is listed on the ecoboomer site as the Texas dealer in Dallas for Ecoboomer.

All of these people have facebook pages open to the public.

"Remember Big Brother, Homeland Security,the smiley face in sunglasses and MagiMike are watching everything you do on the internet"
Well, there are plenty of available dealerships, I'll take the one in the UK and Karl can deal with the North East. This is just beyond belief. I think the 'German' shot was possibly filmed in China with the bits of German thrown in to confuse the location. The dolly riding through the subtropical location? That could be the south of China- it certainly could be Hainan or somewhere down that way. Unless Segway have done a license deal, which I doubt, I don't see that this will fly.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #24
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

I think part of the confusion as to where they're at, is, to make one think they are global.

I bet you will also find there are ties to Segway dealerships, and, BMW dealerships. Remember, here on SC we had mention of an auto dealership selling Segway's at one time, but I don"t remember who, or where they were. Florida?

Last edited by GadgetmanKen; 02-17-2012 at 07:00 PM..
Old 02-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #25
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I believe they are a global thing. I just don't believe they are a real thing just yet.

I have my reasons to believe that one of the films on their site was from Germany. There was clearly another one with semitropical plants that was from the United States because of the vehicles in the background. Yet another was filmed with a vehicle that was clearly not from the US, most likely Asia.

The fact that some of these scooters are here or there does not mean much. That 5.0 machine has existed for some time. I don't think this was the first name for that one.

The one that most looks like a segway is not too likely to be available for sale outside of China, as it looks to be a clear copy of a Segway, and most likely there would be legal implications to try and sell it.

The one that looks most like a winglet is not too likely outside of China for the same reason. I suspect Toyota is very protective of their intellectual property every bit as much as Segway Inc.

Till I see some real evidence of commercial sales, I am not so sure that the retailer end of this company yet exists as it is being marketed. We shall see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.