SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default recipe search

so, does anyone have a good beer bread recipe that works in an automatic breadmaker? I'm going to be stuck indoors today .

For that matter, does anyone have a really great breadmaker recipe? I know we have some gourmet cooks on this forum.

Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default ahhh, fresh bread

breadmaker, no. but its easy in the oven - do you have a kitchenaide? put 3/4 cup fairly hot water in kitchenaide bowl, add 1/2 cake of fresh yeat or 2 packets of flieschmann's rapid rise yeast, pinch of salt, and about 2 bsp honey. keep the bowl in warm water so the yeat activates. In about 15 minutes or when the yeast is bubbling add 1 cup guinness (I guess you could use other beers, but, why would you want to?). Add 1/2 cup flour and use dough hook, mix for 5 minutes on low and wait for it to look a bit puffy then add about 2.5 cups more flour and mix - dont add all flour at once, its easy to add more but if you make it too dry its wrecked. Once its all mixed, flour it so its not sticky and put it on wax paper and let it rise for about an hour. It'll get to about three times its size, then punch it flat and roll it into a loaf, bake at 300F intil its nice and golden. If you want it shiny, paint the outside with egg whites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
so, does anyone have a good beer bread recipe that works in an automatic breadmaker? I'm going to be stuck indoors today .

For that matter, does anyone have a really great breadmaker recipe? I know we have some gourmet cooks on this forum.

Pam

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Bill. I obviously need to do something with the guinness <G>. Yep, I have the kitchen aid and the bread hook. This looks good.
Pam
Old 02-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

another tip - spray the hook with pam (the other kind) before you start! and, if you switch white wine for the beer you will have two pizza doughs.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
Old 02-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
nora k
nora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

i've been on a no knead bread kick lately... no breadmaker required! i gave up my breadmaker because it was about nine years old and really flippin' loud. the thought of waking up to fresh bread was not worth the startle at 3am when it started to knead. my young college student friend was not dissuaded and uses it often.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #6
BillPaxton

I'm old school. I make my own bread, pasta, mozzarella, sauces, etc. Heaven to me is a good day spear fishing and having fresh hogfish for dinner. I dont understand people that have never had a REAL spinach ravioli, or think olive garden is Italian food.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

I like the way you think Bill. Mmm hogfish. Are you a Florida native?
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by segsurfer; 02-17-2008 at 08:29 PM..
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #8
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

Lightbulb

I propose that we should make an SC cookbook. Everyone can submit a recipe, and all the proceeds can go to DRAFT. Any takers?
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #9
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
I propose that we should make an SC cookbook. Everyone can submit a recipe, and all the proceeds can go to DRAFT. Any takers?
-segsurfer
I'll volunteer Nora for some recipies... You wouldn't want to taste the concoctions I come up with! LOL

-Sal
Old 02-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #10
pam
Last of the Early 30

I'd be willing. <G> I think supporting DRAFT is a good thing.
Pam