SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-03-2021, 03:22 PM   #51
Flenser
Flenser is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Link?

Does someone have a link to the Ali Express store? The link in the first post (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...35b14edfhB2Chc) doesn't work, possibly because it's munged with a … in the middle of it?

I searched for "Wuhan Yanyang Technology" (as given on the YouTube page in the first post) and got no results. Searching for "Segway battery" returns a million results. Searching for "Segway battery i2" returns two results, one for rebuilt batteries, one for new batteries, but the latter's description is in… Spanish? and I don't see any choice of battery chemistry or capacity.

Thanks!
Flenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:42 PM   #52
P99Guy
P99Guy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Do your search for sgw batteries.

I think this is it. I just went to Aliexpress.com and did a search for sgw batteries

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...archweb201603_

Be aware that the 5.2ah I have been buying have gone up about $100. The higher capacity batteries have come down almost that much.

Last edited by P99Guy; 06-03-2021 at 06:47 PM..
P99Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:36 PM   #53
thrasher187
thrasher187 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Batteries arrived today

My 2 5.2ah batteries arrived yesterday. I installed them today and seem to work great. I ordered them on may 14th and they arrived june 4th . 3 weeks exactly. Couldn't be more delighted. Back gliding again. Highly recommend seller through Aliexpress
thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #54
P99Guy

5 yr Member

Great good to hear. Thanks for posting.

I was happy enough with them to order a dozen more.

Glad we got in before the price increase.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:32 AM   #55
Paulvinet
Paulvinet is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Post Update

How have these batteries worked out? Time is always the true test.
Paulvinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:24 PM   #56
P99Guy

5 yr Member

So far they appear to be working fine. Great range and no charging issues.
I like the fact that the BMS has Bluetooth so get a little insight into the battery.

There is no way to tell yet about long term but I see no difference in them compared to the factory Segway batteries.

I really want to pop 1 open and see what cells they are using, but they have a 1 year replacement warranty I don’t want to void that.

Even with the current price increase I don’t think you can go wrong with them.

Amy has been available anytime I had a question.

D
Old 07-21-2021, 05:54 PM   #57
thrasher187
thrasher187 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default YYBMS app for Bluetooth on batteries

Has anyone been able to open the YYBMS app? I have tried several phones none have been able to open it without bypassing the built-in Security on the phone
thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 03:14 AM   #58
snout
snout is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Where does one find the yybms app?

Could someone post a link for the android yybms app?

I purchased a set of batteries on AliExpress about a year ago (NOT from this seller!) . A month later, I left the segway unplugged for 10 days, and when I plugged it back in, one of the packs gave me a red light. I checked voltage with a VOM, and the battery was still at/near full voltage (so it wasn't low voltage that was giving me the red light). I removed the batteries from the Segway and they have been sitting ever since. My seller told me that the batteries had an Android app, that the cases were welded shut, and that the batteries had a one year warranty. When the batteries arrived, they were screwed shut, caulked around the seam, held together with zip ties (while the caulk was curing), and the seller said that the bluetooth app was not working. None of this left me feeling good. When I contacted him to tell him that the battery was dead, he never replied. When I used a different email address and said I was looking for some batteries, he replied immediately. When I told him my battery was dead, he said that the ones I'd bought were really sensitive to being left off the charger...and then, rather than honor the warranty and ship me a fresh battery, he tried to upsell me to the new and improved battery; he offered me a "credit" for my dead battery, but the price he quoted for the new batteries was inflated (compared to Aliexpress listings) by more than the credit he was offering. Sounded like he was inviting me to "double down" on a bad deal, so I took a pass. I'll bet my battery is using the same BMS and would work with the same software...maybe it will give me some insight into what's wrong with my pack.
snout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 09:15 PM   #59
P99Guy

5 yr Member

http://en.yybms.com/wuliankeji88/bk_22874733.html

En.yybms.com service tab
Old 10-01-2021, 09:31 PM   #60
P99Guy

5 yr Member
Default Batteries from Amy and yybms

Just an update for everyone.

I have purchased and received 14 batteries from Amy in 2 separate orders.

I have not had any issues with the batteries nor have any of the persons that some of the batteries were sold to.

I have been testing longer no charge times. I have gone 5 weeks without charging while installed on unridden X2 units and have not seen any issues or red lights.

All 8 of the batteries I still have show 77+ volts when checked.

The single charger and diagnostic tool provided to me by Amy also work well even though the fit and finish is really poor 3D printing.

For those that keep shouting Chinese Batteries are bad I can only say you are WRONG. You just need to purchase the correct Chinese Batteries.

I intend to order 20 more once the current ridiculous Chinese price increases subside.