SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:20 AM   #1
fabricGator
fabricGator is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default MiniPro Plus tire servicing

So yesterday, I decided to think about the tire air pressure. It has been two weeks since new and I never did check it. Just a topping charge and zoom...

So I remembered seeing a 5" hose and the Schrader type valves on the inner sides of the wheels. I retrieved the air service hose from within it spot in the box.

Inspecting the hose, I don't know how it could possibly work!

It obviously screws onto the valve and then air is applied with an air chuck, but what holds the air in while I disconnect the hose? How Do I check the pressure AND maintain that pressure while I disconnect the hose?

Did I get a hose that someone at the factory forgot to install a valve into the male end of the extension?
fabricGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
truck
truck is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

That little hose is useless, I wonder why they even think it could work?
I don't remember how I filled my MiniPro tires but on my i2 I use two tire valve extensions screwed together to lengthen the tire valve. Works great.
https://shop.slime.com/products/tire...nt=47566822792
truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:07 AM   #3
fabricGator

3 yr Member

I was walking through Walmart Automotive and I asked one of the guys for a schrader valve.
I can see inside the hose, that there is threads down inside the inlet side and there is a saddle in the 'thread on' end that will push the schrader valve inside the tire air stem.

Anyhow, the Ninebot supplied tire fill / pressure check hose is too small for a standard North American schrader type valve.

Now I have seen that on these new bicycles, they have some sort of European tire air valve. I am going to try a bicycle shop for a solution seeing as no one here know anything... lol, JK but i have a problem and I'll find a solution that is workable and when I do, I'll certainly share it here with the community.

If all else fails, I'll then read the instruction manual that came with the MiniPro Plus.

Cheers!
Old 07-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
fabricGator

3 yr Member

I am going to try to obtain / use a Presta air valve and adapter on the hose.

This is silly that NineBot missed that USA users do not have an EASY solution to checking and servicing the tire air pressure.

Ordering a kit on Amazon. $12
Old 07-09-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
Jnfsu
Jnfsu is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

I just got my Ninebot S, and I know what you mean about the lack of a valve in the hose. At the suggestion of my brother, who's had a miniPRO for several years, I just ordered this on Amazon - Aiskki Digital Cordless Inflator, Portable Tire Hand Held Vehicle-Mounted Compressor Pump,12V DC 150PSI for Car, Ball, Air Cushion

"Automatic Inflation: Only need to set the required pressure value, the air pump will automatically inflate, and automatically stop when the set value is reached."
Jnfsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:24 PM   #6
fabricGator

3 yr Member

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the advice Jnfsu.

Do you ride on campus? FSU?

I enjoy riding gliding, but yesterday I went to retrieve a car about 8 miles away, over a steep bridge. I found to ride that far to be tedious.

Standing for that distance was tough on my hip, (I am getting old or something) and the sidewalks where I was traversing had many driveway aprons that had me leaning without lean steering. That was a strain....

I really want an i2SE, hopefully one will fall into my orbit at a price I can afford sometime soon.

Again Jnfsu, welcome to the forum!