SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Lightbulb Dismounting Kerbs: Advanced Approach

Last edited by gbrandwood; 09-21-2008 at 02:56 PM..
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
C3RS
C3RS is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I understood nothing ... but I think it's done for.
therefore, I will not continue to talk ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Segway i2 (White) - 4500 kms - batteries dead after 1,5 years.
C3RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member
Default Not much of a kerb....

Let's see your advanced approach on a taller one. Many of the kerbs around here are from the 1920s, and can be about a foot tall. For those, I usually do the 1-step dismount.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up Good idea!

I also filmed the one-footed version today on the same 3.5 inch curb. Just need to do the editing (takes longer than the filming!).

I'll repeat the filming (sans adv. kerb mount) at another location as soon as I can.
5-6" curb should be fine. 1 foot is bigger than I have ever done. I'd probably PA that.
On an x machine, no problem. On my "classic" e, no way! Feel free to send in your Video.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Original video deleted - replaced with this:

Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
Let's see your advanced approach on a taller one. Many of the kerbs around here are from the 1920s, and can be about a foot tall. For those, I usually do the 1-step dismount.

Here's a quickie of a 6 inch kerb. Can't find a bigger kerb when you need one!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

So, the Advanced approach is to use slow motion? I can't find that setting on my PT...
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:04 AM   #8
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Nope. There is no slow motion mode on your PT. Don't waste any time looking for it . The manoeuvre should be performed slowly though. Slow-mo was used in the video so the user can see the tyres never lose contact with the kerb.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #9
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
Nope. There is no slow motion mode on your PT. Don't waste any time looking for it . The manoeuvre should be performed slowly though. Slow-mo was used in the video so the user can see the tyres never lose contact with the kerb.
On my i2, I find that if I do it slowly, I bang the bottom back of my battery case. Maybe because I'm heavy enough that with all the weight concentrated on the corner of the curb, it indents the tires enough to eliminate the bit of clearance?

I was quite startled the first time it happened!

I can avoid that by having a bit of forward motion so my tires (and battery) clear the curb.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
So if I fly over the curb with great speed, is that the "super advanced" approach?
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote