SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Gatherings and Events

Notices

Gatherings and Events Talk and plan local gatherings, events, conventions, get togethers, meetings, glides, etc. here.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:59 AM   #1
David Long
David Long will become famous soon enoughDavid Long will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default "Liberty Segway" Group in Sacramento?

A few of us went to Old Town Sacramento this past Saturday to glide the boarded sidewalks and cobblestone streets, afterwhich we glided through the mall and parked to watch the annual Christmas Parade pass by.

In the parade, there was a large contingent, maybe a dozen or more, of young people on mostly Gen1 Segways, all with white placards that read "Liberty Segway." Anyone heard of them?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:10 AM   #2
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

I haven't heard of them. Maybe we should ask Norris at Segway of Sacramento. Is Liberty Segway the local tour operation? Hmmm....probably not...I think they use i2's.

You did take advantage of the opportunity and invited them to come join us for polo, right?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:37 PM   #3
David Long
David Long will become famous soon enoughDavid Long will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
You did take advantage of the opportunity and invited them to come join us for polo, right?
If we weren't all boxed in by the crowd, we certainly would have.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:23 AM   #4
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

I talked to Norris at Segway of Sacramento, and he has no idea who this group might be. Norris didn't think it was the local tour company since they have exclusively Gen 2's. Can anyone give me some ideas? Maybe there's a Liberty Mutual facility here with lots of security guards on segways??

Well, I'll be keeping an eye out for parades in the Sacramento area. These folks will probably pop up again...and we need to get polo mallets in their hands!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Perhaps members of the group in this thread?

http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=17001
Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 AM   #6
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up The Liberty Segway is coming to DC next week

Should be fun

http://www.draft.org/draft3/Segs4Vet...9/Default.aspx
Old 11-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
David Long

5 yr Member
Default Liberty High School?

Quote:
I talked to Norris at Segway of Sacramento, and he has no idea who this group might be. Norris didn't think it was the local tour company since they have exclusively Gen 2's. Can anyone give me some ideas? Maybe there's a Liberty Mutual facility here with lots of security guards on segways??

Well, I'll be keeping an eye out for parades in the Sacramento area. These folks will probably pop up again...and we need to get polo mallets in their hands!
Since they were all young people, I thought they were possibly a High School club. Liberty High? They were all dressed in white, their Segways were white, and the placards on the front were white. They all wore these yellow and blue stiped safety vests. They did a bunch of deft moves and spins for the audience.

(I had previously 'googled' for the name and found the DRAFT's "Liberty Segway" but I am certain it wasn't about that.)

Perhaps we could ascertain a contact for the parade to acquire a list of the constituents. I'll call around later today.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
David Long

5 yr Member
Default Liberty Segway Identified!

Quote:
I haven't heard of them. Maybe we should ask Norris at Segway of Sacramento. Is Liberty Segway the local tour operation? Hmmm....probably not...I think they use i2's.

I called the City of Sacramento, who referred me to a consulting firm which organized the event, and I left them a message asking for contact information on the Liberty Segway group. They responded with a contact name and number and email address. I called the contact this morning and it turns out they are a new Segway rental business in Sacramento, so your first inkling was correct. They are using a blend of Gen1 and new machine, I believe the X2. I'll email the contact shortly with the information on Segway polo.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:58 PM   #9
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Post come out and play

...well I be damn, carnation. kids on segways, are the old getting younger? hope so, we have so little time.
Mr_L

Last edited by Mr_Laurenzano; 12-04-2007 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: piont setta, big one.