SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 04-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
CGlaude
CGlaude is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Hello everyone!

Hello everyone unfortunatly i do not have a segway yet but i am getting one very very soon ive been wanting one for a while and i finally went to a segway store and they let me ride one i am getting the segway XT model and i cannot wait! o and hello everyone!
CGlaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Welcome!

I think you'll find lots of good information here. Let us know if you have any questions.
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
CGlaude

5 yr Member

i do have one question i went to the segway store and my dads a landscaper and we found to kind of XT model were there was the turf tires that dont ruin the lawn and the other ones that do and i would just like to know if there is a difference in performance between the two because if there isnt then im getting the turf one that doesnt ruin the lawn
Old 04-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
CGlaude

5 yr Member

I do have one question,on the XT theres 2 types of tires for them i think one that rips up lawn and one that doesnt, is there a performance differecnce between the two?
Old 04-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
CGlaude

5 yr Member

i do have one question tho i noticeds there is two type of tires for the XT series one like doesnt ruin lawn and the other does is there any difference in performance between the 2?
Old 04-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
CGlaude

5 yr Member

woops! how do i erase those , not a good start on a forum sry
Old 04-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
Suzined
Suzined is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Welcome, CG!

The x2 and the i2 are really for two different purposes. The i2 is great, superior in my opinion, for gliding streets, sidewalks, and shopping in malls and department stores as well as running errands, scooting around a campus, and traveling in an airport; picking up lunch, getting a latte'. The x2 is too big, bulky, and cumbersome to perform these tasks with grace. Indeed, the x2 is not allowed in many places because of its added width--won't comfortable go down isles in Safeway or Walmart and lacks the agility of the lighter i2. As a general rule, the x2 is not ADA compliant because of its width.

The x2 is, I'm told, great for golfing, polo, and outdoor activities in rough terrain. It is not an off-trail machine--fallen branches and rabbit holes would stop you dead. The x2 is great for gliding on grass, but how often would that occur? I glide near daily some six miles from my home to my favorite breakfast joint, all on streets, sidewalks, and hike & bike trails. There are no restrictions on the use of x2s on the various hike & bike trails but with the added width, I'd be the first to urge Park authorities to prohibit x2s. Further, the x2 would not be welcome in some of the stores I frequent coming home and the Federal Building (OK, Post Office) just wouldn't work out. I know GSA says it's okay but the 80+ year-old ladies waiting for their mail to be put up are a bit less accommodating--and I want to live in this town; it would be undignified for an ex-mayor to be run out of town on a rail by the Ladies' Aid Society. I'll let x2 owners chime in with x2 accolades.

Decide what might be your top three uses then make your decision based upon those uses.

Check out this web site, lots of good stuff. Until you figure out how to add your location to your e-mails, you might want to include your home town in future postings. This gives others a better idea of what might be be a proper response and provide information as to dealer support. Again, welcome aboard.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

CGlaude,

Welcome. It would be of great benefit if you would fill in your location in your profile; then we can give answers that are truly pertinent to your situation. I agree with everything posted by Suzined. I believe the turf tires offer less ground clearance and their tread is really not aggressive enough for heavy duty trail riding -- it is primarily for grass. Also, although the i2 tires are non-marking, neither tire for the X2 is non-marking. Are you over 16?

John Kuhn
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
LibertySegway
LibertySegway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player
Default Damage...what damage??

I don't have an X model. I have an i2 and a few Gen 1s. However I play polo with a couple of guys who use x2s and quite frankly even with the agressive moves I see no damage to the grass whatsoever. The blades are no more bent then after a friendly game of frisbee.
LibertySegway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #10
CGlaude

5 yr Member

unfortunatly i am not over 16 i am only 12 but i am the only one in my school who even likes segways so i really couldnt find any one else to learn this info from and the reason i want one is cause my right leg is like permanetly sprained i guess u could say and its really hard for me to walk around and i cant ride a bike so.

btw i posted my location in my profile

Last edited by CGlaude; 04-07-2008 at 03:51 PM..