SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
bruneje
bruneje is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default battery question

My gen 1 has 10 yr old batteries, I leave it on a timer and they always show full charge, but now when running it sometimes gives me the beep and sad face letting me know that its time to get off. I get off, it shuts down. After a few seconds I start it again and it runs fine for a while, It never shows me the wrench, or if it does I have not seen it. My battery question, is that a sign that the batteries need to be rebuilt?
bruneje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruneje View Post
My gen 1 has 10 yr old batteries, I leave it on a timer and they always show full charge, but now when running it sometimes gives me the beep and sad face letting me know that its time to get off. I get off, it shuts down. After a few seconds I start it again and it runs fine for a while, It never shows me the wrench, or if it does I have not seen it. My battery question, is that a sign that the batteries need to be rebuilt?
Yes, especially since they're that old.
You may want to switch to Li-Ons due to range and charging, etc.

Cheers!
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
They surely seem suspect, at least. MTO can make a full assessment for you, and rebuild or replace as you see fit.

I have LiIons but they come with the complication of not being able to fly. MTO can give you NiMH batteries like your originals, but with likely 50% more power. Owning back to the 167 is 167% of the original NiCads, then the new MTO batteries would make your machine a gen 1, i-250. Now, that would be cool to own.

Good luck. Let us know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
bruneje
bruneje is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

thanks for the replies, I will get them rebuilt, I use it to travel so I will get NIMH again and make it a i250 !!
bruneje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

Absolutely. Feel free to call us at 717-751-2705 if you need any further assistance.
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
thanks for the replies, I will get them rebuilt, I use it to travel so I will get NIMH again and make it a i250 !!
I have had a short communication with my friend Jason, and must update my presumption of what he can do for you...

I believe the factory NiMH batteries that came on the i167 was rated at about 3000mAh. That is a set value on average. From that I can see that the NiCads of the test base machine must have produced 2 amp hours. (2000mAh).

That would square with my understanding of the NiMH batteries having 167% the power of the test base machine.

Now, a full on rebuilt battery from Jason at MTO can give you up to 4000mAh. That is 200% of the test base machine.

So... i-200s are available if you take your gen 1 segway on a side trip to a segway spa in Pennsylvania.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

Default SPA Special

Floor mat massages are on sale this week for $20
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTOBATTERY View Post
Floor mat massages are on sale this week for $20
I need a couple for the XT, how many do you have?
Are they new?

How much for shipping?

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
I need a couple for the XT, how many do you have?
Are they new?

How much for shipping?

Thanks!
Floor mat Massages at the spa!

I joked that MTO has a segway spa at his Battery company. He came back with a SPA massage posting.

I believe for $20 buck, you get your choice of massages, the first, you lay down on a pile of floormats, and they get any oriental person they can find to walk on your back. (Fair warning, Jason has a thing for Sumo wrestlers.)

2nd choice is that you lie on a normal massage table, but they whack you with old floor mats.

One last thing, I suppose the third thing is that he will massage your own floor mats, and leave you out of it. I think he charges and extra charge if you want to watch. (but that is just weird)

Anyway, I do not think he was offering floor mats for sale. OF course, I could be wrong... And I do think you should post the video of either style.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #10
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default battery question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Floor mat Massages at the spa!

I joked that MTO has a segway spa at his Battery company. He came back with a SPA massage posting.

I believe for $20 buck, you get your choice of massages, the first, you lay down on a pile of floormats, and they get any oriental person they can find to walk on your back. (Fair warning, Jason has a thing for Sumo wrestlers.)

2nd choice is that you lie on a normal massage table, but they whack you with old floor mats.

Either way, I do not think he was offering floor mats for sale. OF course, I could be wrong... And I do think you should post the video of either style.
How about floor mat massages where they massage the MAT?
Eh? EH!?!?!?

Tags
batteries, gen 1