SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #21
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertySegway View Post
My son and I were gliding at the downtown mall in Sacramento a couple of weeks ago and some punk girl with piercings galore yelled out to us "That is why so many Americans are obese". Well I glided right over to her (while her punk boy friend slipped away sheepishly) and engaged her in a short lecture about the postive aspects of such an efficient green machine and the advantages it provides to those with challenged mobility. I never got to the only a hand full of people have these machines in the first place point. She nodded agreeingly and quickly slunk away as well.

We got the Gay thing yelled at us once from a pickup truck too. Had no idea what those yahoos were talking about.

What it think to truely comes down to is pure jealousy.

One the other hand 90% of people smile and wave and occasionally ask for a chance to try "'that thing".
Damn I wish I was there to see that. I've faced libertysegway on the polo field, and I sure wouldn't want to have been that punk *** teenager!

ps - I bet libertysegway didn't even have a polo mallet at the time...imagine it'd been otherwise!
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 AM   #22
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

My prefered method of punk poking, both on and off seg is a Leki hiking staff with rubber tip. Leki, not just for walking anymore
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #23
LibertySegway
LibertySegway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player
Talking

True. I don't think negative comments are made to those with mallets at hand. Not even by punks. Now I just have to figure out a way to strap one to my ride in case of need. BTW when do I get my REAL mallet? I only have the my home-made one.
LibertySegway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #24
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Post Im Phat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertySegway View Post
True. I don't think negative comments are made to those with mallets at hand. Not even by punks. Now I just have to figure out a way to strap one to my ride in case of need. BTW when do I get my REAL mallet? I only have the my home-made one.

I weighed in at 150 when I bought mine in 03, I weigh less that the shipping cost today, slap that boy again. Well I did gain 8 pounds.
Crash
Old 04-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #25
albeeman
albeeman is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Wink The exercise issue - new Segway model

Sorry to hear about that kid problem! This exercise thing keeps coming up. I had a Honolulu cop on a bike tell me he did not want to be on the Segway Cop force because he gets more exercise on his bike... hmmm. (He also told me that the cops on Segways love them and will never give them up!!!)

Segways are way cooler than bikes: more compact, zero turning radius, amazing balance, speed, fun, etc... I think Segways are much safer than bikes, too.

I wonder if Segway could make a model that you could "pump" sort of like a step machine at the gym. It would help charge the battery and elevate your heart rate at the same time. Sort of a Segway Hybrid, he he...

This would kill this whole argument and "lazy" issue once and for all.

Dean, I'd buy one. Please consider it!

Hawaii is Segway heaven!

Al Beeman
Hilo
albeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #26
IRASegyRider2
IRASegyRider2 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default It really takes the wind out of their sails...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube128 View Post
It's definitely better to just smile and wave...
I've learned that it really takes the wind out of their sails when I smile, wave and say "Thank You"! Rude people do it for the effect and when it doesn't work, they just slither away thinking to themselves that I must not have heard them correctly.

Phoenix, AZ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IRASegyRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #27
dgbint
dgbint will become famous soon enoughdgbint will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRASegyRider2 View Post
Rude people do it for the effect and when it doesn't work, they just slither away thinking to themselves that I must not have heard them correctly.
Really good answer.

That's what I do too.

The vast majority of people smile and say 'cool', 'hey a Segway' or such like.
Sure there will always be a few Luddites, who want to live in the last century, or those who are just plain unpleasant, or maybe they had a fight with their spouse over breakfast.

I don't let them spoil my day.
I am in control of my attitude, not them.

So yes, smile and say 'thanks', heck it might even improve their day.

It really is entertaining to watch the effect.

Michael
dgbint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #28
pspearing
pspearing is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default nice to nasty ratio

Speaking purely from my own experience, I can say that i hear 30 to 40 positive/friendly remarks to every hostile one (that's a guesstimate, I don't keep records).

I generally ignore the nasty comments; if the person should go from being verbally annoying to a physical threat then I'll do whatever i must to protect myself, but that hasn't happened to me yet and i doubt that it will. I suspect that in addition to being ignorant most such people are cowards.

The parent who gave the kid a whack in public has my support--that's not child abuse, that's a lesson in manners that will have a lot more effect than "Now Johnny, think about how bad you would feel if somebody said that to you." That's just my non-humble opinion.
pspearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #29
rrc1962
rrc1962 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I like when you can catch up to them at a stop light. Sometimes they will even roll up the windows, but they will never repeat what they said driving by at 50 MPH. "I just say, Can I help you? I couldn't hear you driving by." I like giving them the chance to repeat what they said to my face, but the gutless cowards never do.

(877) 877-1037
rrc1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:15 AM   #30
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
"I just say, Can I help you? I couldn't hear you driving by." I like giving them the chance to repeat what they said to my face, but the gutless cowards never do.
I LOVE that approach! May I use it? ;-)
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote