SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I know they edited some of my postings. I am not sure if they also took some of my reputation points. How do you know, or are you just speaking without benefit of corresponding evidence?

I have watched the numbers slowly rise over the years. If you are saying that my reputation points have been enhanced, it is a lie.

What does 'IIRC' mean?
It means you spend too much time calling people liars and too little time trying to understand their message. Shoot first and ask questions later, if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksagal View Post
I have had the same number of points for a long time now, according to my User CP. Even after I get a run of good or bad comments. I don't know what that means or really care...

I do know that friends of this web site get tremendous amounts of rep points, from someone friendly to them going in and manipulating the numbers... That is okay, we are playing in someone's private property, and they should be able to reward their friends any way they want.
When adding and subtracting from a value doesn't affect that value, it is no longer a variable, it is a fixed value. Maybe this is a bug that got fixed over the years?

Anyway, I was just going by what I recalled, not claiming it to be God's Word from on High.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Old 01-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAG1247 View Post

It seems that some members continue to make voluminous posts without any real content.

I must agree. Guilty as charged. Often, but not always. IMHO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
It means you spend too much time calling people liars and too little time trying to understand their message. Shoot first and ask questions later, if you will.

When adding and subtracting from a value doesn't affect that value, it is no longer a variable, it is a fixed value. Maybe this is a bug that got fixed over the years?

Anyway, I was just going by what I recalled, not claiming it to be God's Word from on High.
If I misunderstood your posting, I apologize. Sometimes we read into unclear postings and fill in what we think the poster is trying to say.

If using a speculative post of my own from many years ago as evidence, you may find you still only have hearsay, and not corresponding factual evidence. (That posting was refuted by moderators at the time)

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

On each post, there's an option icon that looks like a balance (next to the report caution icon) that allows you to add to a person's reputation. It's supposed to be used when you like someone's replies, and think they add value to the discussion. Here's the help faq on this:

http://forums.segwaychat.org/faq.php...vb3_reputation

The user title thresholds are, along with the number of posts needed to reach that title:

First Timer 0
New Member 1
Junior Member 15
Member 100
Senior Member 1200
Advanced Member 2500
Segway Guru 5000

It would be nice -- but probably impossible -- for members here not to personalize every thread and turn it into something about themselves or another member, instead of simply answering the question.

And if you don't know the answer to the question, then why are you replying?

John
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Very Apt!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #16
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
On each post, there's an option icon that looks like a balance (next to the report caution icon) that allows you to add to a person's reputation. It's supposed to be used when you like someone's replies, and think they add value to the discussion. Here's the help faq on this:

http://forums.segwaychat.org/faq.php...vb3_reputation

The user title thresholds are, along with the number of posts needed to reach that title:

First Timer 0
New Member 1
Junior Member 15
Member 100
Senior Member 1200
Advanced Member 2500
Segway Guru 5000

It would be nice -- but probably impossible -- for members here not to personalize every thread and turn it into something about themselves or another member, instead of simply answering the question.

John
I think the answer lies right in the name of the site -- Segway Chat. Not Segway Q&A.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Closed Thread