SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #21
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ498 View Post
I use my 2017 I2 as a mobility device. I load it on my car five or six days per week. I ride it for just a minute or two during the loading process. I actually use it for more extensive rides between three and five days per week. I have used it in temperatures down to 20°F. The batteries show only a half charge, but it rides fine. I leave my Segway in an unheated garage. I leave it plugged in 24/7. Do I need to do anything different since it is in use almost daily?
You're OK. But you might consider recalibrating the display (page 72-73 in the reference manual) - maybe the batteries would then show more than half charge. Let us know if that works.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:13 PM   #22
russ498
russ498 is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

At warmer temperatures above 32° At warmer temperatures above 32°F, the battery meter registers normally. I was guessing that the batteries won't carry a full charge at that low temperature.
russ498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #23
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ498 View Post
At warmer temperatures above 32° At warmer temperatures above 32°F, the battery meter registers normally. I was guessing that the batteries won't carry a full charge at that low temperature.
I had something similar; the “fuel gauge” wasn’t consistent with reality at cold temps. Warmed it up and all is good. I suspect at lower temps either be batteries aren’t reporting full capacity, or they deliberately “throttle back” output. Either way, it’s pretty obvious to me that keeping batteries at room temp is the way to go.
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote