SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #11
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
Indeed, and I would assume most here would find that worse than a few couches and sheets!

Jeremy Ryan

I agree, most HERE would agree. I don't know what that says regarding this forum regarding if it is a fair representation of all the citizenry of the United States or not...

I don't really know what $18 Billion Jon is talking about. Does anyone care to explain this to a person who does not have BDS?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #12
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default 18 billion dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I agree, most HERE would agree. I don't know what that says regarding this forum regarding if it is a fair representation of all the citizenry of the United States or not...

I don't really know what $18 Billion Jon is talking about. Does anyone care to explain this to a person who does not have BDS?
I made that number up, It is based on the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of DOLLARS PROFIT
Oil companies have made since The Bush's moved into the White house, I am sure they will be thanked.

Ever think HOW much a BILLION is? - Christ wasnt born a billion days ago.

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something right™

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #13
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I made that number up, It is based on the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of DOLLARS PROFIT
Oil companies have made since The Bush's moved into the White house, I am sure they will be thanked.

Ever think HOW much a BILLION is? - Christ wasnt born a billion days ago.

Jonathan
C'Mon Jonathan! Give the guy a little credit! He was useless as a businessman himself, I mean it's hard to do business if you're english is still at a 5th grade level. But although he wasn't worth $1/hour as a businessman he realized there was an opportunity. Run the country than you can control where the money of the people goes and you can support other businesses who will in turn help you live a comfortable life as long as you shall live. That was cruel, evil, a number of words, but it was genius! Of course than again he wouldn't have been able to do it without Dick (the only person he refuses to go hunting with)!

Jeremy Ryan
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #14
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Am I the only one that finds it interesting that Jon makes up a number, and Jeremy could not wait to swear to it?

That is the definition of BDS.

THanks for the entertainment.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #15
Eric Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
C'Mon Jonathan! Give the guy a little credit! He was useless as a businessman himself, I mean it's hard to do business if you're english is still at a 5th grade level. But although he wasn't worth $1/hour as a businessman he realized there was an opportunity. Run the country than you can control where the money of the people goes and you can support other businesses who will in turn help you live a comfortable life as long as you shall live. That was cruel, evil, a number of words, but it was genius! Of course than again he wouldn't have been able to do it without Dick (the only person he refuses to go hunting with)!
Sorry, Jeremy, but as much as I dislike GWB, I do acknowledge his graduation from Harvard (and Yale). During his campaigns, much was made of GWB being an Ivy League "legacy," and his family "fortune" buying GWB's way through these two schools.

But, in terms of "wealth", the Bushes have never even cracked the top 10. To have purchased the education GWB received, the family would have had to have donated libraries and halls to those schools. They didn't. So while GWB may have been given some leeway towards admission into those schools via legacy (as is the wont of any school - to prefer children of alumni over cold applicants), in order to stay in school, it would have to be done on his own merit.

Now, whether others were paid to test for, and submit work/papers in the name of, GWB is another question... but until someone steps forward to claim that distinction, all it is is a question.

Thought I dislike GWB, I really had nothing against his father when he was the President... actually, strangely, I did have one thing against George, Sr.... he didn't "finish up" in Iraq. If Daddy had pushed forward and taken out Saddam, then... but the reason Daddy didn't (and Clinton didn't) was because our own intelligence services warned Daddy (and Clinton) that, should Saddam be deposed/killed, the entire nation would very soon be swept up in a three way Civil War that could escalate throughout the entire region, bringing other Arab nations into it, including those on the verge of obtaining nuclear and/or biochemical weaponry. Daddy believed the intelligence experts, and after achieving the stated goal, declared "Dessert Storm" a success, and left. Clinton believed the intelligence experts and, though slightly elevating the troop presence in the region, left the oversight of Saddam's Iraq to the United Nations.

Junior, though... let's just say Jr. and "intelligence" (of any form) parted company awhile back.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
jryan

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Am I the only one that finds it interesting that Jon makes up a number, and Jeremy could not wait to swear to it?

That is the definition of BDS.

THanks for the entertainment.
Oh no I did not swear to it! You see Karl, I would guess the real number would be much higher, but as there is currently no way to calculate how much is involved I'd assume I wouldn't swear to any number! I say your question long before Jonathan answered it but failed to answer because I was wondering where he was coming from! To me it seemed a little low!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 02-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #17
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation Bds

Karl, I would rather suffer BDS then suffer the condition that you have.
You march to a party line, and keep your head high and claim your PROUDNESS
while everything around you collapses in ruin.

You would be the last man on earth, a survivor of a war, caused by the stupidity of the people who lead, and you would stand among the ruins and proudly proclaim

"WE WON!"

The republican party is done, 'W' has driven a stake thru this body politic
Now its the democrats chance to screw things up!

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something right™

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #18
Eric Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Karl, I would rather suffer BDS then suffer the condition that you have.
You march to a party line, and keep your head high and claim your PROUDNESS
while everything around you collapses in ruin.
Hold on, there.

I think your generalization is completely unfair.

Karl and I disagree on some things - including some major issues - but that hasn't stopped us from forming an on-line/correspondence friendship. The areas in which we agree - or have viewpoints that mesh while not actually agreeing - far outweigh those areas in which we have disagreements.

And, yes, as seen in once recent thread, any disagreement(s) people have can become incredibly frustrating, and - seemingly - the two must be [fanfare] combatants to the end [/fanfare]. That's just not true.

One cannot simply abandon a belief system, especially a belief system that has been an integral part of their lives, and served them well. Besides the basic selfishness everyone has in their own belief system, in order to begin to accept even part of a new belief system, parts of that old system have to be discarded and abandoned. One has to suddenly realize that something they long held to be completely and absolutely true... just isn't.

That is tough for anyone to do. Me, you, Karl, GWB, or John Doe of Anytown, USA. It's because we're human... but it's also because we're human that we even have the capacity of changing. Just look at the fossil record... ever wonder why there's so many fossils found in concentrated areas, as opposed to just spread out? After examining soil samples, paleontologists have theorized it's because the animals kept coming back to what was once a watering-hole/lake, long since dried up. But the animals, instead of looking for new sources of water, kept coming back, because getting water there was all they knew.

So they'd come back, parched and weakened. And die.

Somewhere along the line, be it through a Divine Spark or through the happenstance of this hydrogen atom bonding to this carbon chain, humans are beyond that. We can change; we have changed.

It just takes time.

You know, here I am, a fag agnostic democrat out in Arizona. There's Karl, a right-wing conservative Republican in Boston... and (yes, Karl, I'm going to divulge a secret here, but I think it needs to be done... and that I need to do it, as I think our disagreement in that other thread has directed some unfair negativity in your direction) yet, when I was posting of my nickels circling the drain, and my max range being only a couple of miles - while, at the same time, I could not afford to replace them for a couple of months... Karl sent me an e-mail and offered to loan me his extra set of nickels. I accepted, and it was through Karl I was able to stay on the road for the last six weeks.

Karl, I cannot thank you enough for that exceptional kindness.

People disagree... but people can disagree without forever disparagingly labeling the person with whom they disagree.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #19
jryan

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Yes, Yes, no offense but I believe Karl and I should have a JibJab video! He'd call me a liberal wacko and I'd calll him a right wing nut job, but at the end of the race we can shake hands and be friends! I think this chat would be much more boring if I couldn't butt heads here and there! Fortunately, although many who disagree with me just swear at me and call me useless via pm or attack me on thread, Karl always has a constructive response! That is why I have respect for Karl and if he brings something up to me I listen! Just a word of advice to all who have sent an attack pm (you know who you are) I do not think about nor listen to what you say when you attack me. Enjoy the nasty response back! But to you Karl, I do have BDS and I am proud! Thank you for the compliment!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 02-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #20
KSagal

Thanks Eric for the kind words.

I did want the battery thing to be off this forum. You are just trying to ruin my reputation.

And I am a political conservative, and a social libertarian and a traditionalist. And a proud veteran. I can be a nationalist and all of the above. One thing that I have not been for 20+ years is a Republican. I have been a registered independent for decades, and even on this forum I indicated presidential elections where I did not vote Republican.

But, on this forum, being called a Republican is a very high insult. I understand the need to play to the audience.

And Jon knows better.