SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 07-03-2005, 06:31 PM   #41
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KSagal

Actually, being found not guilty in the United States is largely an economic issue.
If that is true then that is very sad. However, I think you'll agree the prosecution was equally weighted - Tom Sneddon is not exactly without skill or experience.

Quote:
quote:As far as Micheal Jackson being a good singer, I said that.
No, you said he was better than most people in the shower. For millions, he is a *fantastic* singer, performer, writer, dancer, producer...

Quote:
quote:As far as him sleeping with other peoples' children, and feeling that the world would be better off if we all did that, it was a statement that I heard and saw him make on television...
Not everthing he says should be taken literally. He also said he was Peter Pan - and he is, in his heart. It is sentiment - the world would be a better place with love. Lennon and McCartney would agree I think.

Quote:
quote:The definition of perversion and pedefile can be debated, but I believe that the desire to sleep with other peoples' children to be perverse and the act of a pedefile.
When you phrase it like that, I have to agree. However, I believe he does not set out to simply sleep with other people's children. He forms relationships with the children and their families over time. What am I saying? This does sound a little dodgy but I honesty don't believe there is any molestation. Sleeping together can be loving wihout any touching - it's a trust and sharing thing.

Quote:
quote:Having a skill or talent is a nice thing but does not negate a person's ability to commit a crime in another area...

It is very possible to be a genious in music and still a bad man in other areas. It is possible to help many people and still take advantage of one or another from time to time...
I agree with you here but whether this happens with Michael Jackson, based on the available evidence, educated people presented with all the facts found him not to be a bad man. I agree with them.

Quote:
quote:Saying that he made himself into a white woman is largely on me....
This is what gets me. He doesn't deserve comments like that. It is untrue and unfair. Does the fact that he is different make him fair game for these kinds of comments - or does the court case make it okay? But I guess life is unfair sometimes. It seems a little biased against him though.

Quote:
quote:We are all welcome to our own opinions... I look at it this way, would you trust your young son in his bedroom overnight? I would not...
On this we agree I would not let my daughter sleep with him - or you - or anyone (god help me when she's an adult!).

I guess we're just not going to see eye-to-eye on this, Karl. But that's okay. I respect your opinions, your reasoning and always enjoy reading your posts.

I believe he is innocent - but more than that I hope he is. Paedophilia is a terrible thing and if he is innocent, it means the children haven't really suffered from it - which is good news for all concerned.

Gareth

-

To segue, or not to segue, that is the question.
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #42
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pam

For those of us who are not USAn's the Holiday Inn Express comment is a take off on a series of advertisements that are on TV these days with people who are doing unbelieveable things, or giving very technical advice. When they're asked if they're an expert in that field (say a doctor, or someone who understands how to fight off bears), they say, No, but they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
Pam
Thanks, Pam. That one went right over my head!

-

To segue, or not to segue, that is the question.
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:41 AM   #43
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Gareth,

Good debate. Thanks for the positive comments. You are right, we need not agree on this to appreciate the other's posts.

I hope the next time we get to work together in debate against some one who is truely wrong... Har Har...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote