SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 06-25-2005, 07:52 PM   #11
BillM
BillM

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Markiss

I don't believe that's MJ..
It's real. In the beginning there were only a few "dealers" and one was JM Lexus. Bill Mullen, Leon Kline and Kai Alexander represented Segway thru JM Lexus. I'm Bill Mullen. I got a phone call from a guy in Beverly Hills, CA representing "Michael". The connection kept dropping. "Do you mean MICHAEL Jackson, you know, wooo hooo, one glove and the whole thing!?!?!?!?" Yeah... the guy tells me... hang on and I'll book a flight to Neverland for you. Well before you could say Peter Pan Man he calls back...

Next thing you know I've got a sale and I'm going to hop a plane with x2 Segway HT's - one for me to play with up and down Rodeo Dr (sales!) and the Sold Unit - to the Regent Beverly Wilshire to meet the real Jacko. So up for over 36 Hrs and I'm chasing the King of Pop down the hallways of his private floor at 4 in the morning...

No Training No Sale.

while buzzing around at 3am waiting for the entourage to return I did meet a guy who introduced himself, after chatting for a few minutes, as... Kennedy, John Kennedy. the camera was upstairs.

guilty or innocent, I'm no judge, but at least he's honest - he loves kids - what did he mean by that!?!?!?

Bill Mullen
JM Lexus
Margate, FL 33073
800 805-3987
billm@jmlexus.com
BillM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:52 PM   #12
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

How can "not guilty" mean anything other than "innocent". A person is either one or the other.

What's all this about Tom Cruise? Not heard anything about Tom in the news, other than him being squirted with water recently!!

-

To segue, or not to segue, that is the question.
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #13
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I've watched the tape several times over the last few days because it's been on the various news shows. He had an interview with Matt Lauer on one of our morning shows. Cruise is not in favor of psychiatry, and his Scientology background has simply ratified that bias for him. Matt brought up that Brooke Shields had gone public talking about her post-partum depression and how much she had been helped, and even if meds weren't good for all people, maybe they might have helped her, that she felt they helped her, and Cruise basically disagreed with him. In the process he was very overbearing. You can disagree without interrupting and basically intimating the other person is an idiot, IMHO. He also said Matt was not allowing him to express or have his opinion because Matt brought up Brooke Shields, which was pretty off the wall, I thought. He was quite earnest and seemed very hyper - which he's seemed in a series of interviews lately.

Cruise kept on and on about how he'd studied psychiatry and he KNEW psychiatry, particularly the history of it. And that Matt didn't know anything about psychiatry. (that's what he said.) He seemed to be hung up in things like electro-shock therapy and so on.

And sure, (my comment) medicine has come a long way since Freud started Psychoanalysis. And yes, some of the current range of antidepressants and psychotropic drugs are probably overprescribed. And in my opinion, ALL medicine is a balance of art and science. But as I said, he's not a doctor, and particularly, he's not a neurologist, and he seems to be (from what I heard) hung up in the history of psychiatry, but not really in the the know about current medical knowledge.

Cruise doesn't believe that there are "chemical imbalances" and I guess he thinks everyone who is severely depressed just needs to get out and exercise. Or better yet, join Scientology and be audited to clear out the engrams. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes who might be a Scientologist on the forum. He's certainly entitled to his beliefs (as we all are) - I just didn't care for the way he expressed them.

Oh well, water under the bridge.
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 11:24 PM   #14
X-man
X-man is an unknown quantity at this point

Location: As a full time RVer, I'm on a road somewhere in the west
5 yr Member

Nicely said, Pam. Very diplomatic.
Here is an 11 year old article on Cruise and CSI
http://notendur.centrum.is/~snorrigb/TCRUISE-COS.htm
I still think TC has gone bonkers but that is my opinion.

Bob.

Where goeth I, goeth my Segway.
X-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:05 AM   #15
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Interesting article, X-man. I have to admit that my knowledge of Scientology is very limited, and based on an experience a friend of mine had.
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:01 AM   #16
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

OJ: Innocent
MJ: Innocent

Need I say more?

Jonathan

"Think outside the car"
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:06 PM   #17
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by macgeek

OJ: Innocent
MJ: Innocent
Stating the facts as a reminder to us all, thanks!

Pam, thanks for the info about TC. I'm a fan of his work but know very little about his personal life. Interesting...

Gareth

-

Old 06-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #18
BillM
BillM

5 yr Member

who said - no one could ever know the heart of a man
doesn't everyone in Hollywood look for any reason to keep everyone talking about them - a life style as a publicity stunt?
and if that were true, how could anyone prove it?
what better oppurtunity for his whole family than to speak on his behalf and get some really good face time on TV... and consider the audience base - how many tuned in?
can't pay for that kind of air time.
if he's really a child molester it will come out in time no matter how much money changes hands, right?
I don't believe the rumors of MJ going bankrupt tho - he owns the rights to how many other artists, the Beatles for ex, and many others - he hasn't sold any of them off, has he?
still, just wierd. imho 'course.

Bill Mullen
JM Lexus
Margate, FL 33073
800 805-3987
billm@jmlexus.com
Old 06-26-2005, 05:33 PM   #19
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BillM

doesn't everyone in Hollywood look for any reason to keep everyone talking about them - a life style as a publicity stunt?
If you're saying he orchestrated the whole thing for publicity, you must be joking, right? MJ does not need publicity and certainly NOT that kind! He is a shy person who lives through his work and his passion for helping unfortunate children. The whole trial was torture for him - and would be for anyone. If he was after publicity, he'd have sought it when Sony neglected to promote Invincible.

-

Old 06-26-2005, 07:12 PM   #20
BillM
BillM

5 yr Member

a trial would have to be painful for anyone to endure - either side of the table. what was the diagnosis? Hmmm. No sir, I'm not joking. publicity for someone like MJ of any kind would be extremely valuable, just spell the name right OK!? and the tension and controversy and especially the drama keeps his name circulating. ie... this thread. hey, I'm with you... he's and American, I'm an American and he was found Not Guilty. Therefor his is an innocent man till proven otherwise. But I do believe that all of this could have been staged, 'cause it's Hollywood and that's what they do. The idea that he might have molested children, multiple, given, as you've pointed out, his passion for helping the unfortunate... very controversial.
Personally, I have no doubt at all that he has a very sharp business sense in addition to his musical talents.

Bill Mullen
JM Lexus
Margate, FL 33073
800 805-3987
billm@jmlexus.com