SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Unhappy â€*he info Key - RIP

The info key was turning into a sewer, with the posts. Chris and I decided it was time to end it.

I really enjoyed doing The 'geeks corner' and Chris had a great time with the segway community. We will return next year with a WHOLE NEW SITE
(nothing to do with Segway)

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
Sharkie
Sharkie will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

It's a sad loss, but you're certainly right about the posts. I guess that's about all you can expect when you don't make people responsible for their conduct. With anonymous posts, I can't see any better outcome. I'm certainly sorry to see it go, I enjoyed going there. Lately, however, it just became a source of frustration.

Jim
Old 11-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Unhappy That's what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
The info key was turning into a sewer, with the posts. Chris and I decided it was time to end it.Jonathan
When something goes un-moderated.

I will miss Info Key, but not as much as I will miss seeing MacGeek's creativity. It always made me smile.

So where will those bad boys who were banned from all of the other Segway chat sites go, now that InfoKey is gone?
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
So where will those bad boys who were banned from all of the other Segway chat sites go, now that InfoKey is gone?
They're welcome to come here (unless they're already banned), but if they continue with their bad ways, they'll really have no place to go.

-Sal
Old 11-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #5
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Cute REAL Cute

How you guys redirected the Info Key.

Stan, call the plumber, I think there is another leak in the basement!

This time it is not a stone in the sump pump!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
wwhopper
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Question They were banned from here - LONG ago....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
They're welcome to come here (unless they're already banned), but if they continue with their bad ways, they'll really have no other place to go.-Sal
And banned about 5 times with different ID's.

Well I suppose T3 will have to be started, so they can moan and complain that SEG America is not doing enough for them. The dead horse that kept being beat for the last several years, has been taken away.

This is a Sad time. I think I will glide with a black arm band for the next week, or maybe just only on a black Segway! Sal will you join me in a glide on black Segways? We can do the memorial glide this weekend in Indy....

Maybe we can get others, all across the country to only glide on Black Segways for the next week in memory of the Info Key.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #7
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
When something goes un-moderated.

I will miss Info Key, but not as much as I will miss seeing MacGeek's creativity. It always made me smile.

The site whose name must not be spoken is always available. Isn't IT?
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:57 PM   #8
wwhopper
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default That went by the wayside this past summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
The site whose name must not be spoken is always available. Isn't IT?
Closed down all by itself!

Talk about a Sewer, that one was one real clogged mess, and kept backing up and making a real stink.

So here we are back where it all started - Segway Chat....

Long Live Segway Chat!
Old 11-16-2006, 03:24 AM   #9
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I do not have the same opinion as some as to the loss of that site. It has offered very little to my life lately...

That is not to say that in the past it had no merrit, but lately, it was not just a sewer as others have stated, but far worse, it was useless, at least to me...

Providing a place for people to lie to others, and make believe they are other people, not just anynomous, but actually posting with other people's names, is just not excuseable.

For about 15 seconds I was upset that they redirected their site to a site that was the object of their warped fantasies, but then I recalled that most anyone with any values had given up on that site long ago, so the hit count will be tiny....

It is too bad. Lots of talent but the potential not realized... So be it...

I know this post may seem harsh, but how many times would any one reading this appreciate seeing their own name used by liars who made believe they were me, and said inaccurate and insensitive things... Only to have the site management endorse it? Passive endorsement is still endorsement.

To me personally, it was no loss...

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:50 AM   #10
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Arrow Karl,

On this one I disagree.

The key was a place for news and humor, Thats why it started.
Long before I was even on board, Chris saw that SA dropped the ball on a newsletter and said "Gee, how hard can it be to do a newsletter"

And Thats how the info key was born, Two years and some 180 issues later we call it a day,

SA's last newsletter was; Saturday, October 9th, 2004.

So shut your mouth about the usefullness of The Info Key.
It acted while Seg America planned a party.

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote