SegwayChat
Home . Photos . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2015, 05:44 PM   #21
Civicsman
Senior Member
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Freedonia!
Posts: 1,655
5 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Racism? You due understand the definition right?

Its about the all mighty dollar! Period end of story....If you can pay someone $1.25 and hour with no benefits....
You get a few CEO's and stockholders reaping the benefits of the slave labor camps....I mean factory's!

Americans have become so cheap and its only about price!...

An IPhone has no moving parts a Segway does...Apples subs out there product to a company that builds there products, over works there employee's and has netting outside so the people who try to kill themselves, fail....Then get fired!

Its been a long time policy for American manufactures to go to China, Japan, and other countries and get tax breaks...

Have you seen the market flooded with Chinese cars yet?
In my experience, a lot of racists truly believe they are not racists. They rationalize their racism right out of their pointy little heads.

Everything Chinese is NOT junk. To be sure, there is a lot of crap made in China, and one has to be VERY careful, in my opinion.

You keep ranting that iPhones don't have wheels, but you refuse to acknowledge that Chinese companies make a lot of components for almost every car company, worldwide. Engines, transmissions, wheels, brakes, etc., etc., etc.

You're right that YOU haven't seen Chinese cars, but I have, and you will too. In the early 1990's, Korean cars started showing up in the USA. US manufacturers laughed, but they weren't laughing at the Koreans a few years later when they started taking market share. As good as the Korean companies have become, Chinese car manufacturers scare them.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:24 PM   #22
airdale
Member
airdale is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 487
5 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post

You're right that YOU haven't seen Chinese cars, but I have, and you will too. In the early 1990's, Korean cars started showing up in the USA. US manufacturers laughed, but they weren't laughing at the Koreans a few years later when they started taking market share. As good as the Korean companies have become, Chinese car manufacturers scare them.
Every one of those Korean car company's that showed up had and have DEEP pockets!

Most were giant ship building companies....

Many if not all Chinese parts are made out of garbage scrap metals!!!

It goes and starts in the late 90's when US scrap metal was being shipped there at unbelievable amounts....and to this day its still happening....

Those China cars were suppose to be here 10 years ago.....In China the whos who drive American cars for status....Its now Fords number one expanding market in the world....
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:04 PM   #23
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of
 
KSagal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wilmington, MA, USA.
Posts: 10,353
5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default

Not everything made anywhere is junk, nor is everything made somewhere else always high quality.

You do not always get what you pay for, in that often you do get junk for an expensive price, but you rarely get high quality for the price of junk.

China has a well earned reputation for not respecting intellectual property. Choosing to not do business, or to be very wary of products from China is not automatically a function of racism, it can easily have several other legitimate reasons.

Most all absolutes have exceptions. This topic is no different.
__________________
Karl Ian Sagal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #24
Civicsman
Senior Member
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Freedonia!
Posts: 1,655
5 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Every one of those Korean car company's that showed up had and have DEEP pockets!

Most were giant ship building companies....

Many if not all Chinese parts are made out of garbage scrap metals!!!

It goes and starts in the late 90's when US scrap metal was being shipped there at unbelievable amounts....and to this day its still happening....

Those China cars were suppose to be here 10 years ago.....In China the whos who drive American cars for status....Its now Fords number one expanding market in the world....
This sounds like it came directly from scripts at Faux News. Where to start?

Yes, car companies have deep pockets. They ALL have deep pockets. It's a business where developing a single new model can cost upwards of a billion dollars. So what? Your point was that Chinese car companies make junk. I pointed out that people once said that about Korean car companies, but they do not say that any longer. Now, those very capable and successful Korean car companies are concerned that Chinese car companies will soon build better vehicles at a lower price than the Koreans themselves.

'Many if not all Chinese parts are made out of garbage scrap metals!!!" To me, this patently false statement demonstrates that you really have no personal awareness of the situation. Automotive parts are made to stringent specifications. Chinese manufacturers follow those specifications, or they lose the business. Again, Airdale, try popping the hood on your pickup and start counting Chinese-built parts. Keep in mind that almost every car company and major supplier have been building parts in China for 20 years. If you have a car made since about 1995, you are almost certainly personally depending on on "Chinese junk".

Yes, Chinese cars were supposed to be in the US 10 years ago. The largest reason they are not is domestic consumption. At the moment, the Chinese are buying every car their companies can make. When the Chinese market starts nearing saturation, exports will start in earnest.

Cars purchased for status in China are purchased for the same reason rich people purchase status symbols everywhere else. Imports into China are whacked with exorbitant duties. Rich people there buy imports to demonstrate their wealth and power.

With regards to China being Ford's #1 expanding market, where do you think those Fords are made? Detroit? HA! Here's a quote from the NY Times, from 2012.

"BEIJING, CHINA — Ford Motor has chosen China for its largest factory expansion program in a half century, announcing on Thursday that it would build a $760 million assembly plant in Hangzhou, two weeks after announcing another $600 million plan to expand an assembly plant in Chongqing and less than six weeks after completing a third assembly plant in Chongqing..."

In my opinion, it is much better to do some research before posting.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #25
airdale
Member
airdale is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 487
5 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
This sounds like it came directly from scripts at Faux News. Where to start?

Yes, car companies have deep pockets. They ALL have deep pockets. It's a business where developing a single new model can cost upwards of a billion dollars. So what? Your point was that Chinese car companies make junk. I pointed out that people once said that about Korean car companies, but they do not say that any longer. Now, those very capable and successful Korean car companies are concerned that Chinese car companies will soon build better vehicles at a lower price than the Koreans themselves.

'Many if not all Chinese parts are made out of garbage scrap metals!!!" To me, this patently false statement demonstrates that you really have no personal awareness of the situation. Automotive parts are made to stringent specifications. Chinese manufacturers follow those specifications, or they lose the business. Again, Airdale, try popping the hood on your pickup and start counting Chinese-built parts. Keep in mind that almost every car company and major supplier have been building parts in China for 20 years. If you have a car made since about 1995, you are almost certainly personally depending on on "Chinese junk".

Yes, Chinese cars were supposed to be in the US 10 years ago. The largest reason they are not is domestic consumption. At the moment, the Chinese are buying every car their companies can make. When the Chinese market starts nearing saturation, exports will start in earnest.

Cars purchased for status in China are purchased for the same reason rich people purchase status symbols everywhere else. Imports into China are whacked with exorbitant duties. Rich people there buy imports to demonstrate their wealth and power.

With regards to China being Ford's #1 expanding market, where do you think those Fords are made? Detroit? HA! Here's a quote from the NY Times, from 2012.

"BEIJING, CHINA Ford Motor has chosen China for its largest factory expansion program in a half century, announcing on Thursday that it would build a $760 million assembly plant in Hangzhou, two weeks after announcing another $600 million plan to expand an assembly plant in Chongqing and less than six weeks after completing a third assembly plant in Chongqing..."

In my opinion, it is much better to do some research before posting.
Your opinion can bite me....because your the reason with your opinions, we have lost are edge on the world due to the all mighty greed and $!!!

Maybe you should look at the big picture that has happened over the last 40 years?

Funny no response on the slave work force that has to have nets on there windows at apple plants so workers don't commit suicide?...or there great living wage and retirement those workers get??? Interesting....but expected....
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:31 AM   #26
energetic
Member
energetic is on a distinguished road
 
energetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Athens, Greece, Europe, Earth, Universe
Posts: 112
5 yr Member
Default

I think this discussion has gone to a different path.

We cannot deny the fact that many manufacturers have chosen to invest in China. If you put the numbers down, it makes sense. If you manage to keep quality level at high standards then you have a killer combo.

You can't have the best of both worlds, but that's the beauty of life.
energetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #27
Civicsman
Senior Member
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Freedonia!
Posts: 1,655
5 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Your opinion can bite me....because your the reason with your opinions, we have lost are edge on the world due to the all mighty greed and $!!!

Maybe you should look at the big picture that has happened over the last 40 years?

Funny no response on the slave work force that has to have nets on there windows at apple plants so workers don't commit suicide?...or there great living wage and retirement those workers get??? Interesting....but expected....
Samuel Clemens once said that every man is entitled to his own opinion, but no man is entitled to his own facts. That's not much of an issue here, as airdale hasn't offered many, and is unwilling to speak to the facts that are offered.

The problem with an opinion that isn't substantiated by fact, is that every time it is offered, it diminishes the reputation of the person with the opinion. Done often enough, it eventually completely trashes their ability to convince anyone of anything. Stick with what you can substantiate. Just for example, to substantiate his opinion that Chinese cars are junk, airdale stated that Ford is the fastest growing car company in China. I pointed out that Ford-made cars for the Chinese market are mostly made in China. Step up the plate, sir, and admit your errors.

Regarding the Apple/Foxconn slave labor question. AGAIN, the sweeping original claim was that Chinese companies make junk, and now, with that claim destroyed, airdale hopes to deflect to "Well, they're all slavers!" Let me be clear: Bullsh*t. Some surely are. Many are not. Specifically, Apple has been under public pressure, and says it has addressed the sweat-shop environment at Foxconn. I don't know how accurate this is, but it is this all-inclusive "Chinese business sucks!" which begs the question of racism, or bigotry, or at the very least xenophobia.

Let's TRY to stay on the subject of manufacturing quality, which was airdale's original complaint. Chinese manufacturers run the gamut from high quality to crap, just as do manufacturers everywhere else. Companies which take the time to establish their own manufacturing protocols and quality control system with a Chinese supplier get high quality results. Full stop.

I DO understand your complaint, airdale, but it's not the fault of Chinese companies. Focus your anger on the real culprits, who are much closer to home.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:22 AM   #28
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough
 
gbrandwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North west England, UK.
Posts: 3,040
5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by energetic View Post
I think this discussion has gone to a different path.

We cannot deny the fact that many manufacturers have chosen to invest in China. If you put the numbers down, it makes sense. If you manage to keep quality level at high standards then you have a killer combo.

You can't have the best of both worlds, but that's the beauty of life.
Indeed! As is often the case before a thread gets locked

Anyways, I have to wonder, if when I spoke to Segway UK at the Gadget Show, when their store was next to stores selling Ninebots, that they already knew about this. As they were very laid back about it.

However, I think it might not have been a Ninebot - but just something similar. This is what Airwheel were selling/demoing:

http://www.theairwheel.com/wp-conten...014/12/s35.jpg

And this is a Ninebot:

http://www.insportline.eu/p20610/Ele...light-E-05.jpg

These are different looking products.

If Segway UK knew about the upcoming 'merger' then that might explain why they were so laid back about it all. It means that the Ninebot will not be competition - but instead just some additional products that Segway UK become licenced to sell. And other retailers in the UK will have a tougher sell. Especially if Segway/Ninebot choose to enforce their patents in the UK and elsewhere.
__________________
Gareth Brandwood
The comments posted are made by the fat figners of the individual and do not necessarily represent the views of the brain.
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #29
GregRice
Junior Member
GregRice will become famous soon enough
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Palm Beach/Lake Worth, FL
Posts: 94
5 yr Member
Default

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS02/150429403
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GregRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:36 PM   #30
PAUDDYDAND
First Timer
PAUDDYDAND is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Default Ninebot Sighting

Nice That looks like the rear end of the Saloon. Did you manage to see the front of it?
PAUDDYDAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lithium batteries, ninebot, segway announcement


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM.
Copyright 2002-2017 SegwayChat.org.
All rights reserved. Not affiliated with Segway Inc.

FreshBlue vBulletin skin by
VayaDesign
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SegwayChat Archive