SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up Scrooser

This looks interesting. It has a motor which amplifies your manual leg effort.

http://www.scrooser.com/

I used to love my scooter (Scootex) as a child.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Kind of an interesting concept. Very cool design.

I think it will suffer some image hurtles as well. Name may work well in German, but Scrooser sounds a lot like Looser in English, and the neanderthals who would yell out derisive remarks will even be able to figure that one out.

One good thing they are doing is having a cool, urban youthful but not too young demo, with no dorky helmets.

Helmets are thought of differently by many people, and my thoughts are well documented, but they do bring a very different impression to a first visual impact. I think we can all agree, they are safer to wear than to not wear, anyplace. Even just walking down the street, but that does not make the cooler to look at, or give the impression that a person wearing them is cooler than a person doing the same thing without.

And I believe this is a device/vehicle that will suffer the barbs and arrows of those who call it an adult scooter, which it markets itself as.

I liked the part where they were saying it would be good to go to work, play, or even impress a future mate... It may be fun, but unless you are towing another one, I cannot imagine it impressing a girl much when she finds out she has to run along side... Although, I have had two on my segway, and as long as you really like each other, I guess it might work...

I recall a while back, I rode a mini bike. This is a motorcycle with tiny everything. It was the fore runner to these micro pocket rockets... Very fun to ride. I loved it. But it was a touch of nostalgia, and not much more. I could not imagine considering it a serious transportation alternative.

I wish them luck. The minimalist design does appeal to me. I am just not sure if it will work or not...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.