SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:49 PM   #11
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post

And yes - given the smaller tires (100/85R14's currently; 80/80R14's shortly) on the i2, I'm not worried about catching the side. Truth be told, I could probably do this with a set of notched 2x4's instead of a "dedicated" ramp.
Not notched 2x4's. They make ends for making wood boards into ramps. I think Home Depot has them. Though mine are for 2x6's and 2x8's for motorcycles or lawn tractors.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #12
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
Not notched 2x4's. They make ends for making wood boards into ramps. I think Home Depot has them. Though mine are for 2x6's and 2x8's for motorcycles or lawn tractors.
What I have is one of these - https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Cargo...ies/63153.html

So since the entire carrier has a wide rail around it, I was thinking I could make something to notch over the lip, or at least secure the ramp to the rail properly. Even a 2x4 with a cross-block would do the trick.

I could do a set of 2x4's with a set of 1x1's to make ramp edges - and then some kind of wood block/slot/whatever to clamp down on the carrier rail to secure the ramp in place for load/unload.

Once I thaw out, this'll be time to play and make something nice.
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #13
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
Ingenuity / creativity for new products. Gotta luv it. Nice addition / info for dmurphy's project.

Just came across this item. Not bad for $115. Basket lips look a little small but with the proper strap downs, it should perform.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foldable-Wh...4383.l4275.c10

Last edited by Seginaway; 01-03-2018 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Found New Product.
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:41 PM   #14
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
Ingenuity / creativity for new products. Gotta luv it. Nice addition / info for dmurphy's project.

Just came across this item. Not bad for $115. Basket lips look a little small but with the proper strap downs, it should perform.
Well here we go -- now all the crazy ideas are coming out of the woodwork ...

Check this thing out - https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...6691_200466691

Designed for 350lbs.... that might even be good enough to haul his-n-hers Segways.

Maybe load the i2 sideways, then run a ratchet strap around the handlebar and to the center support on this thing. This could work ...
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:39 PM   #15
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
The Ford TC has quite a bit more "headroom" than our Enclave. For me to carry it inside, the Leansteer would have to come off. I'd rather not do that if I don't have to -- otherwise it has to lay down on its side, and I don't particularly like that either. Just trying to be cheap here and not spend the $500+ for the hitch carrier!
Our Transit Connect roof isn't tall enough for the Segs with the lean steer either. If you check the picture, we've removed the adjustment knob and pulled the lean steer apart - The top half of one of them is stored between the Segs on the floor - The red thing is the Info Key protector

I can lift a Seg up in there myself using the cargo racks, but it's not as easy as it would be if I was 30 or 40 years younger

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote