SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #11
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

The email to members is a good idea. They have a preference to say whether they can be contacted so it shouldn't really upset anyone.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Email sent.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #13
lb4paws
lb4paws is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I appreciated receiving your email. Thank you.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Email sent.
Thank you. Makes the best sense to me.

Hopefully, a flock of folks will come over to at least show enough activity to get the new location easier to find in the search engines. I do not know how the search engines work that much, but suspect that more activity is far better than less activity in getting their attention.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #15
Pkelley
Pkelley is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Wow I am glad the forum did not die. I don't post a lot but I read almost every day.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #16
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I appreciated the e-mail. I noticed the forum disappeared and have been looking for it for about a week, with no idea where it went. Search engines were no help, at least not yet. I thought it was gone.

Even if I didn't want to participate anymore, it's not like ignoring one e-mail would be that hard. What annoys me is repeated unwanted spammers, which this is not.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #17
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

And -- Segwaychat.com now works again, too, so we're in a better state than we were before, if we ignore the break in continuity.

Thanks for fixing it, John & Frank, and thanks for your work providing it! And, of course, for the out-of-pocket expenses expended!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #18
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
And -- Segwaychat.com now works again, too, so we're in a better state than we were before, if we ignore the break in continuity.
And now segwaychat.org should have an .htaccess permanent redirect to take people right to segwaychat.com - and create a notice there to tell people to change their Favorites/Bookmarks to reflect the change.

I don't understand the lax and careless administrative treatment this domain and community receives.

Jim
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #19
bud01234
bud01234 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
You may have noticed we changed domains from .com to .org

This was done simply because Frank still has sole access to the .com domain and didn't get the notice to renew it (because it went to an old email address he no longer uses). Although it may still be renewed, in the meantime, I thought it best to move to a domain where renewal won't be an issue year to year.

Update your bookmarks. Thanks!

John
Hi john
If humanly possible, please bring back the .com url! I have a firewall from hell here at work that required all kinds of hoop jumping to get IT det to give me access to segchat .com. Nw I'm bared from the new .org and can only access from my blackberry. If we need to take up a collection ill be happy to donate. Thx. Bud
Old 12-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #20
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

Hey Jim, thanks for your thoughtful support of our volunteer efforts here! Frank hasn't been involved in the community for more than 5 or 6 years. So this was just something we forgot about (since he's moved on, and the domain wasn't in my account).

We're not bringing back the .com (only redirecting it) because we already made all the changes to move it over to .org. Sorry.

John
Closed Thread