SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
Jackson
Jackson is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Cool Intro

Well, I need to send a second post to qualify for private message privileges, so here goes.
My name is Jack. I figured that would already be taken as a user name so I adopted my son's name instead. I'm 55 years old and still easy prey for novel devices like a Sedway. I just bought a used i167 off Craigslist and I haven't come across any big unpleasant surprises yet, with the exception of SAE fasteners forced into metric openings, ouch. The quality of the Sedway components must be pretty good, it was the threads of the bolts that were deformed instead of the openings.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
nora k
nora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

welcome to the gang, jackson. you'll find many people in your area to help introduce you to the so cal community.

and don't think yourself duped by the novel experience of the segway. instead, realize you are an early adopter of the next cell phone. scarce today, ubiquitous in thirty years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
Well, I need to send a second post to qualify for private message privileges, so here goes.
My name is Jack. I figured that would already be taken as a user name so I adopted my son's name instead. I'm 55 years old and still easy prey for novel devices like a Sedway. I just bought a used i167 off Craigslist and I haven't come across any big unpleasant surprises yet, with the exception of SAE fasteners forced into metric openings, ouch. The quality of the Sedway components must be pretty good, it was the threads of the bolts that were deformed instead of the openings.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default First thing

They are called Segways

Some call them Sedgeways, but they are SEGWAYS.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
They are called Segways

Some call them Sedgeways, but they are SEGWAYS.
Please forgive our misspellings as we forgive those that misspell amongst us.

Good grief, they guy is simply making an intro post . . . don't scare him off yet!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
Kristina
Kristina is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Welcome, Jack

I just joined here, myself, and everyone has been very friendly. I have to say- I love that you named your son Jackson The utter lack of irony...

I, too, enjoy saving money on gas. Especially since I plug Sir Gway into the wall of my office at work when I get here, which makes him practically free to operate.

-Kristina
Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Hi Jack,
Shame you didn't pick "Jack" -- it's not being used. Anyway, can you give us a bit more of a clue? "Southern CA" is a pretty big area. There are some gettogethers promised over the next few weeks.

John Kuhn
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #7
Jackson
Jackson is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Cool Intro

Thanks for the hearty welcomes. I really did know it was a Segway, just a little lapse. A little more specific than Southern California is Costa Mesa. It's in Orange County and borders Newport Beach with some nice bike paths I'm looking forward to trying out. I ride tandem sometimes with my son in front of me. We are both together under the maximum 260 pounds (for the time being anyway). The only problem we've run across is who is going to step on whose feet. There's not a lot of room for two sets of feet down there.
Jack
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
A little more specific than Southern California is Costa Mesa. It's in Orange County and borders Newport Beach with some nice bike paths I'm looking forward to trying out.
Jack

I think John was suggesting that you go to "My Account" and edit your location to perhaps "Costa Mesa, CA" so it shows up in each of your posts. If you ask something sometime in the future, it will be there in the post for someone nearby to offer to help. They might not remember this post that tells where you are.
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote